Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
Hey, during this time of well, er, you know, it's nice to see some recognition for something really deserved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Margaret Hamilton?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
LennyS wrote:
Margaret Hamilton?

I'm gonna take you to the moon and your little dog too! Bwahahahahahah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What did...ohh I can't it would RSP the thread.

Lets try again.

Why did she deserve this award?

I view the Apollo program as a huge waste of resources that delayed meaningful space exploration for a decade. That was not her doing, but if her award is for that, no I do not think it has made the world a better place, and the same technology could (and would) have been developed by more useful (and less wasteful) projects.

But then I have never understood medals for doping your job well, I thought that is what you should be expected to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
What did...ohh I can't it would RSP the thread.

Lets try again.

Why did she deserve this award?

I view the Apollo program as a huge waste of resources that delayed meaningful space exploration for a decade. That was not her doing, but if her award is for that, no I do not think it has made the world a better place, and the same technology could (and would) have been developed by more useful (and less wasteful) projects.

But then I have never understood medals for doping your job well, I thought that is what you should be expected to do.

Yeah...well...that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Hooray for Apollo 11!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Apollo money went to the people who made rockets. They were a useful constituency. They'd still have got the money, but you'd have got more unneeded ICBMs instead.

As for setting back exploration, the sorts of technologies that gave us, for example, the Voyagers just wasn't possible in the 1960s, in particular the computing. One of the laughable things about moon landing hoaxes is that, given we have many kilograms of moon rocks (something we've not duplicated since) something went to the moon and back, and with the technology of the day, people were the easiest option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Apollo money went to the people who made rockets. They were a useful constituency. They'd still have got the money, but you'd have got more unneeded ICBMs instead.

As for setting back exploration, the sorts of technologies that gave us, for example, the Voyagers just wasn't possible in the 1960s, in particular the computing. One of the laughable things about moon landing hoaxes is that, given we have many kilograms of moon rocks (something we've not duplicated since) something went to the moon and back, and with the technology of the day, people were the easiest option.
I was going to reply, but

A. I am not going to dump on this thread anymore.
B. It started to read a bit to RSP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.