A game for 3+ players. Rory's Story Battle Cubes pits 2-3 storytellers against one-another to tell the best story, bit-by-bit.
How to play:
Will need 6+ story cubes
* 2 players are the storytellers, with at least one other player as judge(s).
* The game begins with a theme given by one of the judges - it can be pretty much anything (e.g. sci-fi, betrayal, modern-day, dogs, cheese, etc).
* The storytellers begin by rolling a pair of Cubes and one takes the lead with a fragment of story, working in the theme if possible. Typically this will be 1-3 sentences. On completion, the other storyteller tells their story using the same cubes, but in reverse order. The judges choose whichever one they feel is better.
* The winning storyteller takes one of the cubes as a point (their choice), returns the other one to the pool, and rolls two more cubes. They then immediately continue the winning story (i.e. their story) with these new cubes. The other storyteller continues the winning story (i.e. not their story) with the two cubes (reversed again), and again the judges vote on the best story.
* Continue until only one cube remaining. Roll it and each storyteller attempts to finish the story with that cube.
The winner is the storyteller with the most cubes.
Three player variant
Needs at least 4 players.
* Use three cubes with three players and cycle the cubes instead of reversing (e.g. 1,2,3 -> 2,3,1 -> 3,1,2).
* The game ends when there are two cubes left.