An Infamous Traffic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Somebody
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read through the rules several times; it's a short rulebook but you have to read it through carefully because there's a lot of detail and they're not always where you would expect to find them.

Some initial questions:

1. Where are Qing Forces placed? Are they placed 'Closed Port' spaces in a given area? Or are they placed in a 'Land Zone' space?

2. Similarly, are Missionary markers placed on the 'Cross' spaces (only) in each area?

The 'Conspiracy Placement' legend on the game map allude to this but is not clear enough for me. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
5.3.1 Qing Forces may be placed in any region.

Qing Forces are placed in the open green area rather than any particular zone or spot. There is no limit on the number in a region.

Missionary counters are placed on the cross location. Remember,

Quote:
5.3.5 Missionary counters may be placed in any region that is adjacent to a region that already has a missionary counter. If there are no missionaries on the board, they may be played in any coastal region. Each region may only have one Missionary counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Somebody
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
mfwesq wrote:
Quote:
5.3.1 Qing Forces may be placed in any region.

Qing Forces are placed in the open green area rather than any particular zone or spot. There is no limit on the number in a region.

Missionary counters are placed on the cross location. Remember,

Quote:
5.3.5 Missionary counters may be placed in any region that is adjacent to a region that already has a missionary counter. If there are no missionaries on the board, they may be played in any coastal region. Each region may only have one Missionary counter.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.