Subject: Tie Breakers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Tse
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi,

So I understand that in the event of a tie at the end of all 3 rounds, person with the most dessert cards wins. But is there a tie breaker breaker? What if we're using green tea ice cream and that is itself a tie (both with 4 cards = 12pts)? Is there a method anyone else has used as a secondary tie breaker?

The only thing I've come up with for fruit cards is person with the most of any of the individual fruit icons takes it.

Example: Person A has 1 watermelon, 2 orange, 1 pineapple. This is 2 cards.
Person B has 3 watermelon, 1 orange, 0 pineapple. This is 2 cards.
Person B would win the tie for having (3) the most of any of the fruits.

Just looking for other people's thoughts on ties. My friends and I love the game and we're always getting more people into it.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inky Bloc
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's a good question. We've never had a first-place tie in any of our games, much less a double-tie with the same number of desserts, so we haven't come up with anything for this. I think in this case it makes the most sense to just say the tied players share the victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just play again to resolve the tie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Barako
msg tools
Is breaking the tie really that important?
I feel that the spirit of the game is missed if getting a clear winner is necessary.

There are more strategic games that may be more suitable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.