Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone.

I got it down to 3 different names, but I can't decide which one.

It is an assassin style game and the object is to kill the king. (He banished you to the Mountains and you are coming back for "Revenge."

There are going to be guards in the city protecting king that you will have to kill as well.

Poll: Which name?
Assassin style board game.
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Banished
83.8% 31
Restricted
2.7% 1
The Unknown
13.5% 5
Voters 37
This poll is now closed.   37 answers
Poll created by Hicitup
Closes: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:00 am

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Bremen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really fond of either of them. "Banished" seems thematically most fitting, but could be easily confused with the PC game of the same name. "Restricted" makes me not think of kings, assassins and banishment at all - sounds more like politics, hacking or something manager-like... and "The Unknown" makes me think of a space or underwater horror thriller kind of thing.

My boyfriend suggested "Vendetta", which sounds cool and more like what's actually happening in your game. "Vengeance" would be another word that would make me think of something along the lines you described.

If you really like your names, stick with them, but my concern would be that they might suggest something very different to others than what you intended, so it might be worth thinking some more about a name that really conveys what the game is about. Or use the name of whatever the kingdom it plays in is called... e.g. "Assassins of Blah". My personal favourite would be "Long Live the King" with a "KILL" in blood red handwriting underneath the struck through "Long Live". ;)

In the end YOU must like the name, but it's always a huge plus if players know what to expect from the game just from its name! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The Exile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
KINGSLAYER!

Seriously man, it just flows of the tongue. Forget the other ones.
And I checked, there are no games called like that, neither card nor board games.
Get that TM while you still have time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
miruki wrote:
I'm not really fond of either of them. "Banished" seems thematically most fitting, but could be easily confused with the PC game of the same name. "Restricted" makes me not think of kings, assassins and banishment at all - sounds more like politics, hacking or something manager-like... and "The Unknown" makes me think of a space or underwater horror thriller kind of thing.

My boyfriend suggested "Vendetta", which sounds cool and more like what's actually happening in your game. "Vengeance" would be another word that would make me think of something along the lines you described.

If you really like your names, stick with them, but my concern would be that they might suggest something very different to others than what you intended, so it might be worth thinking some more about a name that really conveys what the game is about. Or use the name of whatever the kingdom it plays in is called... e.g. "Assassins of Blah". My personal favourite would be "Long Live the King" with a "KILL" in blood red handwriting underneath the struck through "Long Live".

In the end YOU must like the name, but it's always a huge plus if players know what to expect from the game just from its name!

Thanks! The names you suggested sounds cool and I will have to think about it. I like the names I picked because they are short and simple

But I agree that it makes you think of the PC game.

Thanks for your feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
miruki wrote:

If you really like your names, stick with them, but my concern would be that they might suggest something very different to others than what you intended, so it might be worth thinking some more about a name that really conveys what the game is about. Or use the name of whatever the kingdom it plays in is called... e.g. "Assassins of Blah". My personal favourite would be "Long Live the King" with a "KILL" in blood red handwriting underneath the struck through "Long Live".

In the end YOU must like the name, but it's always a huge plus if players know what to expect from the game just from its name!

I do like Vendetta though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Vendetta

Poll
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Vendetta
100.0% 6
Voters 6
This poll is now closed.   6 answers
Poll created by Hicitup
Closes: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miruki wrote:

https://youtu.be/AuDMx1mjujQ?t=11

Just because of that sound file stuck in my memory, Vengeance gets my vote! Maybe "Royal Vengeance"?

Kingslayer is good, but I would expect to be playing a character named Jaime. Kingkiller is another one, but then... Kingkiller Chronicle.

Regicide? To Kill a MoKingbird? Unbanished?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Alright. To be honest I'm glad you're not using Kingslayer.
Well, it's mine now. KingslayerTM is taken fellows from the BGG, just so you know. I already have an idea for a game that will go with that name, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charalampos Tsakiris
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From all the previously mentioned the name " Vengeance" not only makes the most sense bur also is short, simple, and more attractive than anything else.
I would go for that 100%, even though other names are good too, but not great enough for the the of the game to be depicted in its title...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I like all your name recommendations very much and I appreciate them.

"Banished" is the winner. And although it is not perfect, I feel it fits my game.

Thank you all who Voted on it! :)

To start with a Bang. ;) Here is a banner for "Banished" that I made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally don't like when proper things like restaurants, movies or; like in this case, board games use common language words for their name. It only makes it harder to find.
Example: The game called "THE GAME" is a pain to find in the internet.
I would suggest that you put a proper name like the one someone suggested here "The assasins of ...." or "Kill the king: Banished" or "Long live the king".
Good luck with your game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.