Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith has already confirmed in comments that some previewed cards have errors, often in art of war costs, unclear text, talents, etc.

I wasn't getting too many suggestions, so I went through all the updates myself and listed everything I noticed. Please propose additions!

Core Box
Zeus - Not clear if Lightning costs 1 AoW card or 2. It's 1 in the recruitment card, 2 in the main preview.

Minotaur - Charge should have a hand icon and cost 1 AoW. It is unclear to me whether charge uses up his activation, or if he can still take actions. His second ability should be the one with the hourglass icon. Leader talent should be replaced with Force of Nature.

Stretch Goals
Spartoi - This was already fixed, but it's good to note that they have an attack and range bonus in update 18 that was not shown in their first appearance.

Eurytion - Taunt is a bit unclear. Does choosing that they must attack him mean they have to move into his space if they are a melee attacker? If they have a ranged attack can they stay in their space? I'm assuming yes for both. His second ability also seems terrible to me, something I would never use an AoW card on, but that's just me!

Hecate - Does Shooting Star really cost 0 AoW? That seems incredibly powerful compared to other area powers like Zeus's Lightning.

Argonauts - Says "escalade" instead of Climb.

Hector - A minor point, but you might want to point out that enemies adjacent to Hector with 0 range can still attack his area (I assume they can) when Wall of Troy is active. I assume it works like when an area is at its maximum unit capacity.

Graeae - Might be nitpicking here, but you should probably specify that the Guardian of the Gorgons power does not work on themselves. Or does it? Friendly monsters in their area could include them, right?

Orpheus - Rapture says to "make an area attack", at range 0 I assume. But it doesn't say anything about having to hit anyone, unlike Arachne's web power. So I'm assuming units are raptured automatically if they are at range 0?

Hephaestus Expansion
Pandora - The power "Pandora's Hope" is shown costing 0 AoW, but the description in update 16 says it costs 1 AoW. Personally, it seems like she's a terrible buy at 2 recruitment unless she can use hope for free!

Talos - I'm assuming that Titanic Strength works like Hercules's power, attacking all enemies in ONE AREA. But right now it is written as attacking all enemies in EVERY area within 3, which would make it by far the best ability in the game.

Colchis Bull - Same question as the Minotaur. Does Conflagration use up either of the bull's actions? Can it still move and attack in the same turn? Also, devastating fire sounds like it should be a separate, hourglass-icon ability that is always on. Is this the intended effect? Why is it under an ability that costs an AoW?

Poseidon Expansion
Poseidon - Divine Storm is unclear on three points. First, does Poseidon move HIMSELF, before using his two actions? It says "all units", so it would seem so. Second, does he have to move EVERYONE in his space? Again, it seems so. Third, it says they move to "an adjacent area", the "an" seeming to indicate that all moved units end up in a single area. Is that right? What if the target area can't fit all of the units? lots to clarify here.

Andromeda - The final line of Andromeda's Sacrifice is confusing. I assume the intent is that Andromeda loses 1 vitality at the end of each turn she uses the power. But since this power would generally be used during an ENEMY turn, why does it say she loses the vitality at the end of "her turn"? Also, it could be clarified when the power must be activated. Can I choose to use it after I see an enemy's attack results?
And for Andromeda's Chains, is there a reason it says that targets must be "within Andromeda's range", instead of just saying range 0? Are there characters that increase range?

Polyphemus - Polyphemus's Anger ability misspells "regardless".

Scylla - This power, like Poseidon, is unclearly using the term "an area". The power sounds like it must put all 8 tentacles in a single area, when clearly the intent is that they can be freely distributed in several areas. The language should be more like "place up to 8 tentacles in Scylla's area and/or areas adjacent to her, with no more than 2 tentacles per area". Same thing with Scylla's Fury.

Tentacles - Need the same "an area" clarification. Also, the +1 attack bonus could currently be read as helping every tentacle if there is a pair of tentacles anywhere on the board, not necessarily a pair in the ATTACKING space. Might want to clarify that.

Charybdis - Called "Scylla" in Abyssal Maw. Groundswell sounds a lot like Charge, but it specifies that Charybdis's activation ends. However, it doesn't say that Charybdis can't use actions BEFORE using Groundswell, which I assume was the intent. It should say "use at the beginning of Charybdis's activation" or something like that.

Hell Judges

Minos - In the earlier preview, it says Minos's Deception power can be used in his area. But the current version seems to apply to any unit on the board! Also, Tribute of Minos could be clearer. The first preview said it kills a MODEL, but the current ability sounds like it destroys the entire TROOP, regardless of how many models it has left.

Heroes of Troy
Diomedes - I have to say, this happens with several powers and could be confusing. You have a +3 attack icon under God Killer, and then you also have text saying he gets +3 attack against a god. I ASSUME that he has 9 attack against a god with this, but you could read it that he has 9 attack against anyone, and 12 attack against a god, if you count the icon bonus and the text bonus separately.
Basically what I'm saying is, you might want to avoid redundancy in icons and text.
For comparison, Aegisthus's Poisoned Dagger has the +3 text, but no icon.

Hera Expansion
Eurystheus - I'm getting too nitpicky again, but you should specify that the Labour cannot target Eurystheus himself (granting him invulnerability).

Geryon - Three Headed is worded funny. It says "during his activation", but the icon is a lightning bolt, replacing an attack action. Can Geryon do the attacks in the middle of moving or something? Why is it worded differently?

Calydonian Boar - Same question for Charge as with all the others. Does it use up his two actions?

Corinthia
Herald of Typhon - Nitpicking again, but why does his power say to discard an AoW card, when there is already an icon that means the same thing. I haven't seen any other powers doing this. Why the redundancy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Helios' card super unclear. When can the player look at the opponent's hand. When does the opponent have to discard activation cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CloudBuilder wrote:
I found Helios' card super unclear. When can the player look at the opponent's hand.

When Helios is activated, e.g. when his player plays a Helios activation card.

Quote:
When does the opponent have to discard activation cards?

1. When Helios is in the same area as an opponent's unit;
2. If the opponent holds an activation card for that unit. If more units are in that area opponent discards one card for each corresponding unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Zeus overcosted and not worthy of being a god (considering the dashboard version). Since the recruitment card (for drafting) shows Lightning costing 1, I don't know if it is already fixed or if the 1 is a typo. I actually wrote an article detailing why Zeus is bad, but the post got lost in the cataclysm. Anyways, the idea is:

Patriarch: shuffle is annoying (to the player having to shuffle each activation, makes the game last more), makes the deck worse over time, as you tend to keep AoW and shuffle back less useful activation cards. Thus, better if replaced with discard. Also, at +0 advantage while the other ability costing 2, it could be draw X+1.

Lightning: AoE is overestimated. The soft negation aspect isn't worth 1 extra AoW. The attack is indeed powerful, but compared to similar ranged attack alternatives, it costs 1 more. If we compare it to 2-cost powers, it is very very weak in comparison. Athena basically negates the cost, and the entire effect nets you 3-4 card advantage. Poseidon makes a stronger, shorter attack. Imho, it should be [passive (to allow melee attack + lightning)] or [cost -1 and maybe single target].

Two recommended ways to fix zeus:

A) Patriarch discards instead of shuffling back, draw X+1. Lighting is made into a passive activated at the start of Zeus activation.

B) Patriarch discards instead of shuffling back. Lightning cost reduced to 1 and single target instead of AoE. This may make Zeus somewhat OP if ranged throw is possible.

If you compare Zeus to other ranged or melee characters, you'll realize the only thing going for Zeus is a ranged throw (that is only if mighty throw can be combined with a ranged attack) that you would activate once or at most twice per game, since it is so expensive. Zeus is supposed to be a melee/ranged hybrid, but will melt when fighting a melee unit with actual melee abilities, and the ranged ability is so expensive it may as well read once per game. Compare to Helios (Helios is really good design), who does hybrid much, much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah wrote:
I find Zeus overcosted and not worthy of being a god (considering the dashboard version). Since the recruitment card (for drafting) shows Lightning costing 1, I don't know if it is already fixed or if the 1 is a typo.

Well if you look at the cards of other Gods, it appears that all AoE/Area attacks cost AoW cards (like Zeus, Hades, Hecate). Single target attacks (like Artemis, Ares) are free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hecate shows cost 0 in the dashboard.

Basically, Helios and Hecate are better. And power-wise, Athena's 2AoW power basically costs -3, since it gives you card advantage and cost reduction.

The problem with Zeus is the lack of total actions/abilities over the course of the game. Patriarch is useless, and Lightning, although very good if it could make a ranged AoE throw with 9 attack, is so expensive you would use it only once at most (costing you 2 AoW and your turn's attack).

Compared to a vanilla unit (one attack per turn, 5 activations per game), the gods:

Zeus' lightning makes +1 action (throw, and even then if it works with the ranged lightning), but will cost you in practice 2 extra activations (-2 per lightning, averaging one or two per game. It also costs the turn's attack: -1 for a total of -2). Patriarch may net you AoW's faster, but makes the deck weaker, so the value is 0. Even if you count the eventual leader, say +2. Total value is -2 +2 = 0.

Helios makes free discard (+1) and a pull (-1+1). Total = +5.

Hecate makes +2 with a free ranged attack. Total = +10.

Athena's owl is very weak, but excels at activating more units per turn. Strategist is -2 +3 +2, for a total value of +3). Assuming you activate it most of the time (4/5): Total = +12. Also counting leader = +14 (or +11 if 3/5 strategist).

Poseidon has Divine Storm (+1x5), Leader (+1x2), a costly attack (once per game, -2 cost. Value is insane, though: assume you will consistently hit 2 units in the once per game activation, that will allow you to throw in AoE 2 squares. Even at 2 units, +2 throws, -1 because it is instead of the normal attack, and if you bring them to your square your block doesn't allow them to move, though I'm not considering this value). Total value is -2 cost, +1 (attacks 2 units), +2 throws, -1 removes normal attack = 0, if you hit 2, which is very likely, if not even 3. Total value: 5 + 2 + 0 = 7.

Gods typically have extra action values that go from 5-12, while Zeus has 0. This does not consider Omphalos (which Zeus is at a disadvantage compared to these gods), recruitment bonuses (no god mentioned here) or synergies with other units (Zeus also at a disadvantage).

A simple card advantage and allowing Zeus to attack the same turn the Lightning is thrown (or making it free once per game, or cost 1), can bring Zeus to average power levels.

For example look at what these fixes may do:

Fix 1) Patriarch: passive, Zeus draws an extra card each round. This rework easily brings him up to par with strong gods. This is easily valued at at least +7-12 (since it also would work outside activations). Maybe make Lightning once per game.

Fix 2) Patriarch: discard X to draw draw X+1 (value +5). Lightning: activated power: at the start of Zeus' activation, you may attack at cost 2 AoW (does not replace normal attack). Value: +1 compared to previous Lightning. Total value: +6.

Fix 3) Patriarch: discard X to draw draw X+1 (value +5). Lightning: Once per game but free (value +2). Total value: +7.

Fix 4) Lightning costs 1. Not so sure about balance, but under this analysis, it would provide a value of +5 (deceptively low). Maybe make it single target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel, this game doesn't work like a traditional CCG. If you draw out your deck before your opponents, they get to draw their entire deck and shuffle their discard pile into a new deck. It can be devastating. Hence the shuffling back into the deck for Zeus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
Daniel, this game doesn't work like a traditional CCG. If you draw out your deck before your opponents, they get to draw their entire deck and shuffle their discard pile into a new deck. It can be devastating. Hence the shuffling back into the deck for Zeus.

Well, then replace fixes 2 and 3 with draw 1. Mulliganing is very weak especially paired with a power-hungry ability.

Also, instead of active power, an instant could make it powerful enough to justify its cost.

Optionally, if keeping fixes 2 or 3, Zeus could make it so opponents no longer do anything when your deck empties.

All these are just suggestions, not necessarily mandating discarding always to fix. The main point is that Zeus is inefficient, and card advantage works here the same as in a ccg: it allows you to do more in a turn. Card advantage can be applied drawing one card instead of mulliganing or reducing costs. I go as far as mentioning action economy (could be applied by making Lightning instant), which is removed from ccg's, and card advantage and action economy are inevitably linked in this game. You could think of this game as MTG with minis instead of summoned cards, or X-wing requiring to discard cards to activate ships. That the opponent gains advantage instead of you losing when your deck mills is easily circumvented by implementing alternate fixes with the same goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to see what the in game effect of having a 9 dice attack (vs a 7 dice attack) is to make a claim about how strong Zeus is. If 9 dice is enough to slaughter units in a way that can't be done with 7, then it's fair for Zeus to have a hefty cost. 3 range is rather huge in this game after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah wrote:

I think it's already confirmed that it's a mistake; we were already very happy with Hecate ... when Jake mentioned it. Too bad! ;-)
They still have to correct it on the update page, though.

So I think it's still rule of thumb that area attacks always cost AoW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
I'd have to see what the in game effect of having a 9 dice attack (vs a 7 dice attack) is to make a claim about how strong Zeus is. If 9 dice is enough to slaughter units in a way that can't be done with 7, then it's fair for Zeus to have a hefty cost. 3 range is rather huge in this game after all.

Teowulff wrote:
Arah wrote:

I think it's already confirmed that it's a mistake; we were already very happy with Hecate ... when Jake mentioned it. Too bad! ;-)
They still have to correct it on the update page, though.

So I think it's still rule of thumb that area attacks always cost AoW.

If taking both suggestions as to why it costs so much, so reversing it should make it cost less:

"The attack is made at 7 instead of 9 dice, the attack is no longer AoE. It costs 1 Aow instead of 2."

I will gladly take this. A ranged throw at 1 AoW is too good to pass even if it is the only ability Zeus has and even if it is only 7 dice, maybe a bit overpowered. Even if throw didn't work in a ranged attack, it would still make Zeus a tough archer and a good choice.

Compare to the only other God with an ability that actually costs 2AoW and your turn's attack (Athena recoups your 2 AoW, even 3, and still allows an attack):

Poseidon is:
-Effectively the bigger daddy of area denial: Instead of not sticking units in the same space, you make your opponent not stick units within 2 spaces of each other or risk getting AoE'd to Poseidon and locked. Units spread that far are easy picks.
-Damage potential: 3x7 is definitely better than 1x9. Even if realistically it would be 2x7, i think it would be as good. Note that both throw, so this has even more control potential.
-Has a 2nd useful ability.

The issues are:
-Cost: I will gladly take your suggestions for a 7 dice 1 cost attack. Anything that helps alleviate the cost is welcome. Even a token that makes the first use free, or a once per game use with no cost.

-2nd Ability: Should get a rework/replace, like taking one card from the discard each turn, drawing 1 extra card per turn, or a passive that removed AoW cost for the second activation.

If replacing: Zeus could have flying or give flying to a unit for 1AoW (or free but once per game). That would make Zeus very costly but very versatile: Fly for 1 AoW, dodge melee attacks for 2 AoW, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated the original post with a ton of stuff I found myself. Let me know if I missed anything, or if any of my found issues are incorrect.

On a separate note, let's try to keep this thread limited to clear rules mistakes and errors, or confusing text, not drawn out discussions on individual cards. Those would be better served in their own threads. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah wrote:
If taking both suggestions as to why it costs so much, so reversing it should make it cost less:

"The attack is made at 7 instead of 9 dice, the attack is no longer AoE. It costs 1 Aow instead of 2."

I will gladly take this. A ranged throw at 1 AoW is too good to pass even if it is the only ability Zeus has and even if it is only 7 dice, maybe a bit overpowered. Even if throw didn't work in a ranged attack, it would still make Zeus a tough archer and a good choice.

But that would be silly. Artemis has a non-area range 3 attack with 7 dice - for free (unless her card is also incorrect). And it also ignores all obstacles (she basically shoots through rocks and trees).

Giving Zeus the same for 1 AoW card would render him a bit subpar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to resurrect this thread as I think it is important to give as much feedback and catch (possible) mistakes as early as possible so the end product is the best it can be. There are going to be duplicates of stuff listed in the OP as I just went through all of the Kickstarter updates myself as well and haven't checked it against his list.

Here's the list of mistakes, unclear texts, and questions I had from the dashboards and troop cards. There may be some of my own suggestions sprinkled in here and there, too.

Acamas: Text under Cuirass should say "...2 wounds..." According to the update text, the talents for Acamas are incorrect on his dashboard. They should be Block, Mighty Throw, and Force of Nature.

Achilles/Veteran Achilles: The wording for Endurance should be made the same for both dashboards. Achilles' Prowess should specify whether or not it works on re-rolled 5's since Master Swordsman does specify. The assumption is that it does not, so it should be made clear. Also Master "Swordsman" seems odd for Veteran Achilles since this model is now holding a spear. Maybe something like Master Warrior or Weapon Master instead.

Aegisthus: Dashboard calls him Aegisthus, but update text calls him Aegythus.

Agamemnon: Does Scepter of Hephaestus replace the normal extra activation by spending an AoW or is it in addition to? When it says 3 activations, does it include the activation of Agamemnon?

Ajax: Top stat line shows 2 Hourglass symbols, one should be a Hand for Shame of Ajax.

Aphrodite: The Revenge special power gives her the Initiative talent when she attacks someone with a Revenge token. Isn't Initiative useless since Aphrodite is the attacker and Initiative only applies when being attacked?

This is just my idea, but instead of Revenge, maybe a more fitting special power for such an alluring goddess can be "Seduction" or "Charm". It would be some sort of mind control power that allows Aphrodite to control 1 enemy unit within a certain range as if it were hers for 1 activation with a cost of 2 or maybe 3 AoW. Perhaps placing a limit that it can't be a God or Titan or maybe only units with 3 or 4 RP or less or something like that.

Argonauts: Troop card says Escalade instead of Climb. It also says "...at least 3..." but there are only 3 models total.

Artemis: Leader of the Pack text should clarify that it affects Artemis herself. This is stated in the update text but not on the dashboard.

Athena: Do the 3 activations in Strategist include Athena's own activation? Does this replace the normal extra activation by using an AoW? Does this also stack with her Leader talent? Same questions with Hector and Agamemnon's powers.

Calydonian Boar: Update text calls it Calydon, but dashboard says Calydonian. The Noxious Breath is missing from the special powers section. Does Charge affect friendly units? If not, it should be clear.

Caucasian Eagle: Both special powers use Terrestrial Unit when it should probably be Land Unit to keep it consistent with the rule book. However, it seems these powers should also apply to Aquatic Units, too, or at least when they are on land and can't dive underwater. Perhaps this should be clarified.

Charybdis: Dashboard says Abyssal Maw, but update text calls it Sea Abyss.

Chimera: Chimera's Bite shows an Hourglass symbol on the top stat line, should be a Hand. Fiery Breath is shown as a "6" on the top stat line, it should be a Hand. The attack value is shown in the text area of Fiery Breath and doesn't change with damage. Also, in Fiery Breath it says "...make a range 1 area attack..." Does this mean the attack has to be at range 1 exactly, or can it be in the same space as Chimera? If it is the latter, it should be reworded to "...make an area attack of up to range 1..."

Circe: I believe Metamorphosis means it kills an entire Troop unit, so it should be reworded to "Destroy an entire unit of enemy Troops..." to avoid confusion.

Colchis Bull: Devastating Fire might be better worded to "performs a 6 dice attack up to Range 1". The second part of Devastating Fire regarding him exploding upon death should be a separate Hourglass passive power, with the Hourglass symbol listed at the 1 Vitality stat line like all other death powers. Does Conflagration also affect friendly units?

Colchidian Dragon: The dashboard says Colchidian, but the update text says Colchis (like the bull).

Eurystheus: Dashboard lists him as Eurystheus but update text says Eurytheus.

Eurytion: How does taunt work with a melee only unit that's in an adjacent area? Does this unit have to move into Eurytion's space first? Or would Taunt not affect this unit?

Eurytus: Dashboard name is Eurytus, but under Rain of Arrows he is Eurytos, and under Eagle Eye he is Euryton.

Giant Spiders: The Troop card shows 4 pawns, but the update graphics show 5 models.

Gorgon: Blood of Gorgon's Hourglass symbol is shown in the stat line of every Vitality level. It should only be shown at the 1 Vitality stat line to be consistent with all other death related powers such as Chiron and Sisyphus'.

Hecate: Shooting Star seems totally underpriced for a ranged area attack with no AoW cost.

Hector: Do the extra activations in Hector's Bravery require activation cards? Also, does it have to be the same units whose activation cards you found in your deck in the first part? Does this replace the normal extra activation using an AoW? Same questions as Agamemnon's Scepter of Hephaestus power.

Hephaestus: Name is spelled Hephaestus on the dashboard, but spelled Hephaestos/Hephaistos in updates.

Hera: Perfidious' text says "A unit with a 1 or more..." The "a" is unnecessary. Does an attacking unit receive as many Deceit tokens as the damage it does? Or is it just 1 token for the entire attack? The way it reads now is that it gets 1 token for every wound it gives Hera, but it isn't clear either way it is intended.

Heracles/Veteran Heracles: Powers on both dashboards should use "Heraclean" and not "Herculean". It seems odd that being the strongest man, basic Heracles does not have Mighty Throw or perhaps even Block. Also, why is Veteran Heracles slower than basic Heracles? Herculean (Heraclean) Might seems expensive for a single area attack. Instead of "normal attack", it might be clearer to specify "melee and ranged attacks".

Hippolyta: The hand symbol for Queen of Amazons means it can only be used during her activation, but for clarity maybe add the text "During Hippolyta's activation, you may use this power to..."

Hydra: Shouldn't the Hydra be an Aquatic unit?

Ketos: Can the extra attacks in Curse of the Sea only be made against Hero units? Or can they be made against anyone, but only Hero units get the Devour token? If there isn't room in Ketos' space at the end of its movement, any Hero with a Devour token is moved to an adjacent space. However, if the Hero is melee only, can it still make the -2 dice attack against Ketos?

Lava Golems: Dashboard shows 3 pawns, there should be 4.

Leonidas: The text for Born Leader (and all similar skills) make it unclear if the activation card you just found needs to be spent to activate the unit. I believe I read somewhere that the activation card is indeed spent. Rewording the text to "...searches their deck for an activation card and uses it to immediately activate that unit..." makes it much clearer. Also, this skill does not specify if it replaces the extra activation from using an AoW normally.

In fact, the Leadership talent itself should be similarly reworded so it is clear that the activation card you just found is actually spent to activate the unit. The way it is worded now can be interpreted to mean the activation has no cost.

Lycaon: Cannibalism seems to be a weird name since this power activates when he kills anything, not just humans.

Manticore: Update text says its talents are Block and Mighty Throw, however, its dashboard lists Block, Guard, and Torment.

Minos: Does Tribute of Minos mean an entire Troop unit or a single model? If so, it should say "...Minos may kill one entire enemy Troop unit..." to avoid confusion.

Minotaur: Does Charge affect friendly units? The Leader talent doesn't make sense for a brutish Monster unit. Bloodthirst seems like a weak skill for an AoW cost. Since the Minotaur has an attack of 7, he will likely only re-roll 1 die for his initial roll. The odds of getting a second one seems really extremely low. Also, Bloodthirst has a Hand symbol in the special powers section, but is shown as an Hourglass in the stat lines.

Nemean Lion: Lion's Roar text says "...their target..." It should be "its target".

Orpheus: Rapture has a Lightning symbol in the special powers section, but is shown as Hourglass in the stat lines. What is Ratpure's range, or is it only in Orpheus' space? Does Rapture affect friendly units? Also, for "not being a warrior" Orpheus has pretty high attack/defense stats, almost similar to Odysseus.

Pandora: Pandora's Hope is shown to have no AoW cost on her dashboard, but in the update it says it costs 1 AoW. Also, the dashboard text should include "up to a maximum of 10" damage for Pandora's Hope.

Paris: Apollo is misspelled in "Appolo's Arrow".

Perseus: Monster Hunter should add the following to the end "...even if he wants them to.", similar to the text in Diomedes' Doom of the Gods.

Phoenix: The "X" in the text area of Flames of the Phoenix should match the color scheme of the damage numbers in the stat lines. In this case it should be a black "X" with white background.

Poseidon: Does Divine Storm also affect Poseidon himself, since technically he is included in "all units in Poseidon's area"? If not, it should be reworded to "all other units".

Rhadamanthus: Dashboard lists him as Rhadamantus, update text says Rhadamanthus.

Scylla: Scylla's Fury should state that it is regenerating lost tentacles so it is clear. Also, my understanding is you are regenerating 2 total tentacles. This should probably be made clear. Can there ever be more than 2 of her tentacles in the same area, as long as there is space? The initial placement says you cannot place more than 2 in one area but there are no further restrictions listed.

Sirens: Can simplify the last sentence to "The unit being moved must move closer to the Sirens if possible."

Sphinx: Riddle of the Sphinx text says "...engaged in a combat..." The "a" is unnecessary.

Stymphalian Birds: Update text calls them Stympalian, dashboard says Stymphalian.

Talos: Is the AoW cost for Titanic Strength correct? Or is the effect for Titanic Strength wrong? It seems totally overpowered to be able to attack every enemy within 3 spaces for just 1 AoW. A single range 3 area attack seems more reasonable for that cost.

Tityos: Does Rock & Roll affect friendly units? Also there should be an "X" (white "X" black background) in the text area to indicate damage done.

Typhon: Does Tempest affect friendly units?

EDIT: I just realized why Aphrodite gets Initiative when attacking units with Revenge tokens. It's to counter-act any defender that also has Initiative and allow her to always get her attack in first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Abe. Hopefully Leo or Benoit gives these a look!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talos seems to be almost certainly misworded. I assume it was supposed to say one area only. Even with 2 AoW, the effect would otherwise be ridiculous.

Also, for any area attack, the rule book says that the unit performing the attack is unaffected unless it specifically says it is in the card (i.e.: Phoenix)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi there,

We are sorry about the mistakes / lack of clarity you may have noticed on some dashboards.

We will make sure that everything is properly sorted out by the time we send the data to the factory.

We will also use your feedbacks and will keep collecting feedbacks to make sure that everything is perfectly clear.

Quirkworthy will take part to make sure that everything is properly stated. He is an expert in this kind of things and is contribution will be very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Ed
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Herculean (the original text) is the correct usage ... Heraclean is not ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WardEd wrote:
Herculean (the original text) is the correct usage ... Heraclean is not ...

You would be correct if they were calling the hero Hercules.

But since he is currently named Heracles, heraclean is the correct adjective.

Either choice is fine, but I'd love them to pick one and stick with it for the name and the adjective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, "Heracles" is the Greek name of the hero and "Hercules" is the Roman version. I'd prefer they stick with Heracles (even if it is less common) since everyone else's names are consistently Greek (Zeus and not Jupiter, Poseidon and not Neptune, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eateng300 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, "Heracles" is the Greek name of the hero and "Hercules" is the Roman version. I'd prefer they stick with Heracles (even if it is less common) since everyone else's names are consistently Greek (Zeus and not Jupiter, Poseidon and not Neptune, etc).

Good call. But then it should definitely be "Heraclean".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Hi there,

We are sorry about the mistakes / lack of clarity you may have noticed on some dashboards.

We will make sure that everything is properly sorted out by the time we send the data to the factory.

We will also use your feedbacks and will keep collecting feedbacks to make sure that everything is perfectly clear.

Quirkworthy will take part to make sure that everything is properly stated. He is an expert in this kind of things and is contribution will be very helpful.

Thank you guys for being so responsive and for running an amazing KS campaign.

Since you're here, I'd like to ask for some clarity regarding the Special Power symbols. In a different thread (and in the rule book) you said that Hourglass passive powers are free to use and the Dot instant powers cost an AoW. However, in going through the dashboards, there are instances where Hourglass and Dot powers both have AoW costs listed beside them.

The confusion comes with Dot powers since the way it is worded seems to mean that any Dot power has an innate 1 AoW cost. So does this mean a Dot power with a lambda next to it now costs 2 AoW? In going through the dashboards, the Dot powers that have a lambda next to them are Andromeda's "Andromeda's Sacrifice", Chiron's "Immortality", Thesues' "Shining Strike", and Minos' "Deception". Are these all meant to have a cost of 2 AoW (Deception seems a bit expensive if this is the case)? It seems the only Dot power without a lambda next to it is Atalanta's "Dodge".

EDIT: It seems both Dot and Hourglass powers "can be used anytime whether it is the unit's turn or not". Also, since there are only 5 Dot powers (currently), it might be less confusing to just replace them with Hourglass symbols and put their AoW costs next to them with lambdas. Why create a whole new class of powers for only 5,unless there is a bigger difference between them that I'm not seeing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Penthesilea - her Charisma (primary power) is a boost to Troops: +1 att, +1 def, +1 movement until the end of the turn when activated.
She also has the Bolster talent ("Friendly Troops in the same area as this unit gain +1 attack and +1 defence").

Wasn't it said that a unit can only have 1 max boost per stat? So what's the use of her double boosts that overlap for 70%?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Penthesilea - her Charisma (primary power) is a boost to Troops: +1 att, +1 def, +1 movement until the end of the turn when activated.
She also has the Bolster talent ("Friendly Troops in the same area as this unit gain +1 attack and +1 defence").

Wasn't it said that a unit can only have 1 max boost per stat? So what's the use of her double boosts that overlap for 70%?

No I think they said that you can't use the same boost twice (ie: getting Phalanx boost from two different units).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Litvak
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Foooolish Samurai Warrior!
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
Teowulff wrote:

No I think they said that you can't use the same boost twice (ie: getting Phalanx boost from two different units).

From the rule book, Pg 19:
"If multiple Talents or Powers grant a bonus to the same characteristic, only the Talent or Power with the greatest modifier is applied."

So Teowulff is right on the talent seeming a bit redundant. Although, it does provide +1 attack and +1 defense to Troops in her area outside their turn, which Charisma does not. The intent may be to keep Bolster for use on defense, where as Charisma is more useful on offense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.