GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

The Quest for the Sampo» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First win! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Haas
United States
Lenexa
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

After playing several games with balanced stats and dying at the Dark River or endlessly roaming rough seas, I finally decided to make a very unbalanced character.

I named him Barber Anthem (just popped into my head). His stats were Brawn 1, Wits 3, Magic 5 and no Luck at all. Adding the free point gave him Brawn 2, Wits 4, Magic 6 and still no Luck.

Barber set out to walk loops from the Stone Fortress to the Fertile Plains to the Forest to the Marshes. The only challenge getting items was the Fertile Plains check of Wits 11. He did fail this once but taking a die roll off Magic at the Forest the next turn did not hurt him.

At the Forest, he continued to build up Magic the first two passes my passing Magic tests of 15. He then switched to Brawn tests so he could intentionally fail them and build up his Wits.

Barber Anthem then set out to sea using Magic to avoid all Rough Seas. He did get a random location once which resulted in an additional encounter at the Palace. There were three encounters total at the Palace, all successful Magic test, that resulted in 3 points of Luck.

The Dark River was still the most difficult. Even with all the Magic skill, Barber only passed the encounter by a couple points.

On the return trip to the Stone Fortress, Barber picked up another Luck in the Forest and eluded Louhi in the marshes.

After several average adventurers died in the attempt, Barber Anthem, apparently a great wizard, returns the Sampo to the Stone Fortress of Kivimaki.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Congrats to Barber Anthem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.