An Infamous Traffic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Open Ports rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Once a Port is 'Opened' (rule 6.2.3-2), does it stay 'open' for the rest of the game? Or does a future 'Placement' of Qing Forces somehow close the Port in a given area?

2. The same rule says to "remove a die from the pool for every port opened." Is this die removed only once per port _per game_, or once per port _per game-turn_?

I assume the former, but I can't be sure. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules do not provide for any means to close a port once opened.

2. A die is removed from the dice pool only when the port is first opened. Were another die removed every turn thereafter, it would be far too easy to force a revolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.