Popular Tags: [View All]
Hanwen Dong
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mbmb
Curtis LeMay gives you one fighter and one bomber every turn.

In our last session (our first time playing the expansion btw), half way through the game, I discover this (broken?) strategy where on my turn, I put one worker onto the main board and do the actions while barely got/used my own buildings so that I can hold on to my Curtis as long as possible without having to recall my workers. As a result, I was able to slowly build up my fighter and bomber, and bombed all my opponents' buildings since it was a free action. I also made sure to occupy the fighter space on the main board so to not let anyone to catch up with my fighter strength.

The result: Everyone has many of his buildings damaged, and struggled to get them repaired since it was expensive. I held on to Curtis for a very long time and no one can really challenge my fighter strength. The game turned out to be super cutthroat, and I stop there (I could've damaged a lot more buildings but I chose not to do so), didn't want to ruin everyone's experience. When I had to let go of Curtis LeMay, my fighter was at 5 or 6 while everyone else's at 0 or 1.

So what are your guys' thoughts based on your experience? Is this really broken or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
marlnobor wrote:
and bombed all my opponents' buildings since it was a free action.

Which single building did you damage a single time with your free action airstrike? You need the mainboard action to use more than 1 plane.

Now damaging 1 building a turn can be quite a nuisance to the other players, but if you aren't advancing yourself, you're just falling behind and slowing down the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanwen Dong
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mbmb
yaverot wrote:

You need the mainboard action to use more than 1 plane.

Hah did not know that. In our last game, using Curtis I spent more than one fighter per turn as a free action... Looks like we played it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaycent Chan
China
flag msg tools
Yes, the personality of Curtis Lemay is very powerful in 2P game. Because there is only one opponent in the game and do not worry about that you will fall behind.
After your first retrieval, you take Curtis Lemay. Then your opponent need to take the +2 fighter main board action to defense your free Air Strike. Otherwise, you can use the personality at least 2-3 turns and give your opponent 2-3 damage markers in very early game. That means nearly all of your opponent's buildings can not work unless he or she spend high price to take the repair action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.