Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This forum is great.
But why don't we, the fans of sob, reclaim our corner of the internet.

The Brimstone Cowboy forum is a ghost town. But it doesn't have to be. If we start posting there it can be awesome.
I already have, I'd encourage you to join me.

http://brimstonecowboy.com/forums/index.php#c2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Chase

Akron
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But I like it here, where I can read about my other board games too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I offered the owners of that site my help many years ago but they didn't want it... And then they didn't ever do anything much with it.

While it had some decent traction at first, they let it die and I think it's too late to save it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
I offered the owners of that site my help many years ago but they didn't want it... And then they didn't ever do anything much with it.

While it had some decent traction at first, they let it die and I think it's too late to save it now.

Don't see why it's too late. Worth a shot anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genuine question: What does it offer that the BGG forums don't?

I don't see the point. Forums dedicated to just one game are destined to die out.

Around the time Zombicide Season 3 was kickstarted, there was a forum that loads of people were using called Zombiesdash. There were loads of good threads on there and especially a few really well detailed proxy mini threads. The site obviously died down after the KS madness, and I guess the owner decided it wasn't worth keeping open, as it now no longer exists. All that great info is now lost.

I say keep all the SoB talk in one useful place where it is relatively safe - here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:

The fate of every fansite out there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Bradley
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
wagglybean wrote:
Genuine question: What does it offer that the BGG forums don't?

I don't see the point. Forums dedicated to just one game are destined to die out.

Around the time Zombicide Season 3 was kickstarted, there was a forum that loads of people were using called Zombiesdash. There were loads of good threads on there and especially a few really well detailed proxy mini threads. The site obviously died down after the KS madness, and I guess the owner decided it wasn't worth keeping open, as it now no longer exists. All that great info is now lost.

I say keep all the SoB talk in one useful place where it is relatively safe - here on BGG.

Yeah, all it takes is for the owners to let the hosting/domain expire and the forum is toast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.