Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you kill a hostage in your possession?

Is there a reason that you would not--if negotiations went badly? And, wouldn't this threat give leverage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know own the game or know the rules but we have played that you can kill the hostages. It certainly gives your negotiations a bit more teeth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's an option that you can take hostages instead of killing them immediately. If you do, then you're able to kill them at any time if you don't return them to their family. This is similar to capturing another player's general in Conquest of the Empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jullie
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can kill a hostage at any time except when your boss is attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McGirk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, what he said.

There is no apparent benefit for you to kill the hostage, as they can't ever be rescued unless you're knocked out of the game, and holding them could help you trade for a captured guy later on some much needed cash.

BUT it is a lot of fun to be able to hold your index finger against an oponents family member during negotiations and say "You have three seconds to accept my offer..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right...why not hold on to them...just in case you want to make a deal.

But in my last game my extremely aggressive opponent wasn't willing to make deals..so after I had taken out one of his family members...i took out another and killed them both. Losing 2 members is crippling...and I knew I wouldn't be wanting to give them back at all. CAP!!! CAP!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick C
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how do you deal with players who absolutely loath you and won't deal? Well not really, but they play that way.

Quote:
Example, I did a suprise hit on someone's family member on the 3rd round(I'm apparently good at that.) and we had a full war, with him declaring he would do all he can to kill me.

I knocked out 2 more family members, and crippled his economy, he just bought all the thugs and hench men he could, and they all moved with the boss. His other 2 family members went deep into a new ally's terriotiry(who wants to slow me down atcually)

In three turns after I got 1st blood, he is at my door step, with some 15 units. (I have equal amount next to him). Whole game, doesnt want a truce or anything, just plain sucide. He does this in many games(not all tho) so people rather not hit him in any game.

Said victim player gives my units to the other player, who does not want to deal either, even after I gained his family member from someone else to trade. I win my 1st boss kill. (i rolled a hit on 70% of my dice in the 1st combat round!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.