Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
People on Reddit have been analyzing the Podesta email leaks and the theory is that some of his communication was in code that pedophiles use to plan their activities. This is pretty disturbing and scary considering the people possibly involved. The FBI investigation may have had very good reason to be reopened.

Damn, you'll believe anything, won't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
i mean when have the "people on reddit" ever been wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
wifwendell wrote:

if theres a youtube video about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Some people have way too much time on their hands...

and for some people, that's not time on their hands...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
A flaming bag of dog shit lit afire and left on the doorstep of sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
wifwendell wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
People on Reddit have been analyzing the Podesta email leaks and the theory is that some of his communication was in code that pedophiles use to plan their activities. This is pretty disturbing and scary considering the people possibly involved. The FBI investigation may have had very good reason to be reopened.

They should check into them "Chuck-E Cheese" joints upon their Twenty One-year-olds because; "there's TWENTY of `em!" surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:

Did I say I believed in any of this? No.

Do I think pedophiles exist? Yes.

Would they use coded language like drug dealers to plan their activities? Yes.

Is Podesta involved in garbage like this? I don't know. But he is into some weird shit.

Classic smear, with extra ass-covering.

"Did you ever notice how Podesta acts like a pedophile? I'm not saying he is a pedophile, because that would be irresponsible. I'm just saying he acts like one."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:

They should check into them "Chuck-E Cheese" joints upon their Twenty One-year-olds because; "there's TWENTY of `em!" surprise

It's on video so it haz 2 b tru!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
hyperbolus wrote:
single sentences wrote:
i mean when have the "people on reddit" ever been wrong

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
coal "NUTS!" sought 'inclusion' with 'chocolate' "mousse" & 'squrrel' as "JUST & ONLY desserts!" atop this holidays. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
aiabx wrote:

"Did you ever notice how Podesta Bannon acts like a pedophile anti-semite? I'm not saying he is a pedophile anti-semite, because that would be irresponsible. I'm just saying he acts like one."

Except that Bannon comes right out and says it himself:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/21/meet_the_n...

Quote:
Richard Spencer is one of the leading “intellectuals” of the alt-right movement. This was according the website Breitbart when it was being run by incoming White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone asked Jeffery Epstein for a comment on this ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can get a new moniker other than XXXXGate? When everything is a thing gate, I stop really acknowledging it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:

I foolishly watched that video and if that's the best evidence they have there is no conspiracy, just people typing poorly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This is a picture of General Cassius Marcellus Clay, radical abolitionist, politician, lawyer, farmer, and Bowie knife fighter. Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a MSM poisoning the well strategy. Do not fall for it. Just like Obama's birth certificate was. It is manufactured poorly, getting attention and hype and focus, then shot down, in the end discrediting alternative media. Problem. Action. Solution. Repeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
...at last I return back to the logical and sane world of wargaming, in order to truly enjoy games again.
badge
This is a picture of General Cassius Marcellus Clay, radical abolitionist, politician, lawyer, farmer, and Bowie knife fighter. Look him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is plenty of wacky stuff in and around the Podesta's shown in Wikileaks which can be summarized simply with this video:

It is not at all hard to run with the ball and draw conclusions with what information is provided...

But the wealthy elitists have long been vain and so drunk with power as to never think that they may ever be held accountable to the laws that coerce the lower classes. They can practice whatever they wish with no repercussions (ask Hillary Clinton), so why the big charade? Even the catholic church did not have to go to such lengths!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

if theres a youtube video about it

hyperbolus, get ready to have your mind blown. Your worldview will be shattered after watching this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:

I admire your willingness to post an article that says "dumbasses who spread fake news are now getting people shot" in a thread in which your dumb ass is spreading the exact fake news that just got some people shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

I admire your willingness to post an article that says "dumbasses who spread fake news are now getting people shot" in a thread in which your dumb ass is spreading the exact fake news that just got some people shot.

You stupid bag of shit. I posted this link on the 23rd of November. These rumors were circulating a week before the election. It was not until the 21st of November that the Nytimes article was written. This was the first time I saw a major news source "debunk" this story. And by debunk they just called it "fake news" without providing proof of anything.

Still nobody has explained why Podesta and his friends use a code to speak. They could be simply talking about bribes they had received. It seems nobody in the MSM wants to investigate this story at all. Maybe the MSM should do their fucking job and explain to people the contents of these emails?

You really are a worthless cunt with a very closed mind.

I gotta say, I can't remember the last time I was quite this happy to be personally disliked by someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Ashgrove wrote:
This is a MSM poisoning the well strategy. Do not fall for it. Just like Obama's birth certificate was. It is manufactured poorly, getting attention and hype and focus, then shot down, in the end discrediting alternative media. Problem. Action. Solution. Repeat.

I'd missed this awesomeness.

You're insulating yourself about having to question other stories.

It's ... well I was gonna say it was brilliant, but it's actually really really stupid.

Trying to assure that you can safely continue to believe your crappy news sources is probably the most 2016 RSP Conservative thing ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
I'm a little concerned about this new moniker of fake news.

To me, fake news is an Onion article where they completely make some shit up to be well, fake.

But the story in questions is purported to be true by those who wrote it. Now maybe the story is bullshit, maybe it's not. I mean it's probably bullshit to smear the Clinton's but unless we have proof it's fake can we call this fake news? Seems like the term alleged or unsubstantiated seem more appropriate.

Ok if I haven't lost you, hear me out. My concern is the main stream media or the government using this term to smear any "news story" as fake which leads to some 1st amendment issues.

Yes today this is an anti-clinton piece but plenty of unsubstantiated anti-Trump stories going around too. I'm probably not making sense, I'm sick and feel like shit warmed over so I am definitely not at my most eloquent. But I am concerned how this will be the new way to discredit any story that "the powers that be" don't want to get out. That's all well and good when it's against the other side but what happens when things flip in a few years (or a few months when "Trumpler" comes to power and he becomes the powers that be?

Well, most people on Team R don't care about reality already, so I think we're already there.

I do think that in a world in which a significant percentage of people get their news from super questionable sources that don't do any kind of research and really by and large just make shit up and post it on Facebook or on Reddit or on 4Chan, it's good that the media is actually just reporting it as fake and nonsense, not going with the "well some people say" for utterly unverified claims/stories.

I think them doing that is going to continue to be important during the trump admin, for example the "millions of fake votes" claim. That was just a lie, and I was happy to see the media not beating around the bush and just saying "there's no basis in reality for the president-elect's statement."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

Dumbasses spreading fake news causing violence? You mean like "Hands up, don't shoot"?

Yes, that is an example of the media contradicting a popular narrative.

That said, that's not really "fake news" in that the claim was based on a "real" if false or incorrect witness statement, whereas Pizzagate is based on a bunch of "shit posters and meme magic masters" or whatever fucking nonsense the garbage humans on 4chan are using to identify themselves now just making things up in a massive circle jerk of non-information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

To me, fake news is an Onion article where they completely make some shit up to be well, fake.

But the story in questions is purported to be true by those who wrote it. Now maybe the story is bullshit, maybe it's not. I mean it's probably bullshit to smear the Clinton's but unless we have proof it's fake can we call this fake news? Seems like the term alleged or unsubstantiated seem more appropriate.

Ok if I haven't lost you, hear me out. My concern is the main stream media or the government using this term to smear any "news story" as fake which leads to some 1st amendment issues.

Yes today this is an anti-clinton piece but plenty of unsubstantiated anti-Trump stories going around too. I'm probably not making sense, I'm sick and feel like shit warmed over so I am definitely not at my most eloquent. But I am concerned how this will be the new way to discredit any story that "the powers that be" don't want to get out. That's all well and good when it's against the other side but what happens when things flip in a few years (or a few months when "Trumpler" comes to power and he becomes the powers that be?

We can discuss whether the term is overapplied, but its original definition is really strict; sites that spread knowingly incorrect (and often salacious) stories in order to bait clicks for ad revenue... especially with a desire to leverage social media.

We can discuss whether you include propaganda sources like the RT in 'fake news' or not. I probalby would. The intent is different but the means are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
hyperbolus wrote:
Still nobody has explained why Podesta and his friends use a code to speak.

i think they used that code to talk about pizza
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OP: if you say this

hyperbolus wrote:

Did I say I believed in any of this? No.

Why did you also say:

hyperbolus wrote:

This is pretty disturbing and scary considering the people possibly involved. The FBI investigation may have had very good reason to be reopened.

Bit of a bait and switch you pull there. If you dont believe the article you are posting why are you disturbed or scared about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

Well, there's one good thing about fake news: it eventually comes out as being fake. But by then, people seem to not care. I mean, look at Koldie and his reaction. "It turns out it wasn't true, but when it came out, it may have been true. So the fact that it ended up not being true is less important than the fact that it MIGHT have been true before it was proven that it wasn't."

Seriously, I do not want to be included on Schroedinger's Newsfeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.