Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hesse
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I landed a copy of St Petersburg for a fair price...but it has no money. Any ideas for replacement money? I don't feel the need to have metal coins in this game, and would prefer coins in 1, 5, 10, and 20 values. I am even open to buying a game that sells for under $20 just to use the coins..if they would work with the game. It does not seem like you can buy just cardboard coins on their own anywhere. Also, I am not a fan of poker chips. Thoughts??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McGuire
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might find something to your liking at MeepleSource: "Discs" catagory

I've bought some small things from them and I've never been disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Vestal
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/product/CircleShard

You could always make your own using game crafter if you have a design you would like to use. May take a little work on your end but you could get exactly what you want for a really good price. They even allow you to mix and match the types of coins on a sheet so it works out pretty cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Something to consider about St. Petersburg is that money is supposed to be secret. The backs of the bills are all the same so that opponents do not know how much each player has.

So finding money that is marked solely on one side, or is perhaps all the same color with only the denominations differing may affect your search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hesse
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good point! I am considering robbing some of my Small World coins (also supposed to be secret, so one side is all the same) as I have both base sets in one box and never use even half of the coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thompson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
I lose all the games... It's fun but!
badge
... as in addicted to going fast... not the powder stuff... "ADICT" was the licence plate on my bike...
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe look at a currency that has a favourable exchange rate and get some foreign coins to use? Think 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c etc etc

Doesn't have to cost you a lot, but would add some great feel and sound that cardboard or plastic wouldn't...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.