Subject: POLL: What would you like to see after Pantheon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What version/world do you like to see in a few years time (after Panthéon has become a world-wide succes)?

Multiple answers possible.

Poll
What would you like to see as next installement of MB?
Celtic
Egypt
Game of Thrones
Cthulu
Mayan/Aztec
Norse (vikings)
Middle Earth (Tolkien)
Babylonian-Persian
Eastern (China/Japan)
World religions
Superheroes
Other ...
      284 answers
Poll created by Teowulff

.. and what if you could only pick one?

Poll
Pick one ..........
Celtic
Egypt
Game of Thrones
Cthulu
Mayan/Aztec
Norse (vikings)
Middle Earth (Tolkien)
Babylonian-Persian
Eastern (China/Japan)
World religions
Superheroes
Other ...
      250 answers
Poll created by Teowulff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Beatty
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Japn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies? I'm not familiar with the Zombie pantheon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Lukas
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
jpn +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why only allow us to vote on one? I think you would get better results by allowing multiple votes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingZombie wrote:
Japn

nexbot wrote:
Why only allow us to vote on one? I think you would get better results by allowing multiple votes...

Ok ok ... it should be good now ... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I must admit I'm not too familiar with the Aztec Pantheon, though it sounds intriguing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Egyptian, Celtic, Norse and Other: It will never happen, but a Pantheon based on Stargate SG-1 and the many factions both human and alien found within its wonderfully rich world! I also love GOT, but am pretty Meh on it being in this type of setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other... Nothing. I don't think we need the same game with another Pantheon, really.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not Cthulhu. Please, for the love of Azathoth, not Cthulhu.

Or should we say Lovecraft mythos. It has reached media saturation now, it's more overused than zombies.

I think possibly Norse or Egyptian are probably the safest bets.

Or how about Roman? I mean, pretty much all the mini's will already be made for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cruickshanks
Norway
flag msg tools
Zzzz
badge
Chaos Incarnate
mbmbmbmbmb
I say run a KS with a few of the bigguns from several select pantheons in one KS, not focused on a single one. Then they can move onto greener pastures afterwards with a new game.

Like several people already said, the variation in this one is huge(!). It's limited how much digging too deep in another single Pantheon can get you. People all had Gods of the same stuff, so even if they change up the powers a bit it will start to get samey fast. You get cool new minis sure, but digging as deep as they have in the Greek Pantheon makes no sense in regards to gameplay imo.

I'd rather just have the big names from a few other pantheons for fun mix ups and call it a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

-
msg tools
Why settle for just one theme? Do it like the Deadliest Warrior show. You got knights vs samurai vs vikings vs spartans etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Norlén
Sweden
Danderyd
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Contact Steven Erikson and Ian C. Esslemont and do an enormous Malazan campaign.

Endless amount of mythical creatures, heroes and gods all fighting each other. Also, Anomander Rake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Waspman wrote:
Or how about Roman? I mean, pretty much all the mini's will already be made for that!

You'd just have to add 5 heroes, 3 legions and make differently named dashboards for most existing minis ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
The Waspman wrote:

You'd just have to add 5 heroes, 3 legions and make differently named dashboards for most existing minis ..

Exactly! Just give everything a new lick of paint, job done.

That is, after all, exactly what the Romans did, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince of Guelph wrote:
Zombies? I'm not familiar with the Zombie pantheon.

isn't this the Zombie Pantheon with all the dead Greek heroes rising from their graves?
actually that could have created some truly unique minis, just imagine zombie variants of all the minis we have seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Other... Nothing. I don't think we need the same game with another Pantheon, really.

Bye
Thanee

Exactly! I feel like we already have a lifetime's worth of replay value here. If we were to see another pantheon in this game system, it'd just be for the sake of more minis. While, adding more to this system would be less thematic.

I want to see these guys tackle other mythologies, especially Egyptian, but in a new gaming system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! They should make something new after this. Maybe a fully cooperative game for a change (so many people are asking for solo/coop, so why not).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seeing as Egyptian/Norse are about tied for first place, I think Egyptian would be nicer since it's a nice departure from the European themes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norse is way overdone, particularly in boardgaming.

The Egyptian Mythos is amazing and has a diverse array of stories to tap into. And ANIMAL FACED GODS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other; I want to see another expansion for first ed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Marks
United States
Sioux falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Yep! They should make something new after this. Maybe a fully cooperative game for a change (so many people are asking for solo/coop, so why not).

Bye
Thanee

Yup, I can see it now; half the backers would ask for pvp scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't Eagle/Gryphon do the Greek vs. Egyptian vs. Norse mythos battles in Age of Mythology?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Randomfleming wrote:
Didn't Eagle/Gryphon do the Greek vs. Egyptian vs. Norse mythos battles in Age of Mythology?

Is that game any good? The rating seems lackluster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would choose Norse as the next Pantheon just so I could maybe get a crossover and get something akin to the old Lucasarts video game "Gladius". IMO it was an awesome strategy game that drew from a lot of different mythologies including Greek, Norse, and a little bit of Egyptian too I believe.

Not many other games where you could have a fight consisting of Legionnaires, a Minotaur, a Cyclops, a Valkyrie, Berserkers, Satyrs, Giant Scarabs, and a yeti
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.