Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this for my birthday (yaaay!) much to my surprise because I couldn't and can't find anywhere selling it. (Is it back in print?)

This session report indicates an enjoyable time being had by two players. I'd love to get feedback on tweaks for improving the 2P experience.

I expect W&W will always be more fun with a crowd, but that doesn't mean a little quiet enjoyment can't be had by the two of us!

Some thoughts...

Any ideas for a bit more variation in payout rates or is the stable 2:1 fine? The payouts are almost always 2:1, except for the occassional "lower than all given answers" at 5:1.

Do people feel the "correct guess" bonus should be reduced for 2P? If you bet correctly you get $10. If you guess correctly you get $10. With multiple players, the return per player on correct guesses is relatively smaller since each player expects to win this bonus less often.

A different thought: Push your luck.
With only 2P, it might be possible to play a "push your luck" version, where you can use the 30 second time limit to change your answers. No doubt the two players would continuously try to one-up each other, so (1) you'd have to limit the answers to a precision after reading each question, each player nominate the smallest increment allowed in the answer and the smaller of the increments is used, AND (2) you'd need strict rules on how to stop the answer-changing process and what was a legal answer change and what wasn't. but maybe eg both put out a first answer, both retract and put out a second answer not changed by more than the spread of the first answers, both retract and put out a third answer not changed by more than the spread of any answers so far. Or something... I haven't really thought about this very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
Hmmm, interesting. I feel this really shines with 7 or more players. With too few, the payouts don't spread out enough. With 2, if you know the correct answer, why not add one and bet on the 5:1 payout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
Hmmm, interesting. I feel this really shines with 7 or more players. With too few, the payouts don't spread out enough. With 2, if you know the correct answer, why not add one and bet on the 5:1 payout?
I guess that's less likely to happen for us. The questions are "U.S. centric". Also, the other player may well (usually in fact) guess lower than the right answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls