Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

A Handful of Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Preorders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ready and waiting! Just let me know when & how
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, count me in, too!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
el porkoz
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
me too!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cowley
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo_1 wrote:
I'm ready and waiting! Just let me know when & how


+1

Funding has been allocated
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameBliss will carry it for us Canucks. They're an excellent outfit.

Can hardly wait for the pre-order link to show up...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Link is up on board game bliss but it's already sold out?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dekedagger wrote:
Link is up on board game bliss but it's already sold out?

Pre-orders are disabled for their Black Friday sale: http://www.boardgamebliss.com/blogs/news/black-friday-cyber-...

I expect it will be enabled on Tuesday.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Pre orders are up on Gameslore too. Just placed my order!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sexton
United States
Warren
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I don't see preorders for US sites. Am I missing something? (besides AHoS)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfwesq wrote:
dekedagger wrote:
Link is up on board game bliss but it's already sold out?

Pre-orders are disabled for their Black Friday sale: http://www.boardgamebliss.com/blogs/news/black-friday-cyber-...

I expect it will be enabled on Tuesday.


Pre-order is back up. Just placed my order.

Go nuts, guys...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Order made. Awesome! Thanks Board game bliss!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really interested but the price is not insignificant. I had generally heard good things about Mythotopia with the only consistent compliant being how the game ended. AHoS has a different way the game ends which actually sounds cool.

I wish there was more information right now (only one preview written up (which was great btw)). The limited nature of the game makes me feel like I need to pull the pin right away.

What made all of you so confident to jump in right away?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The price is steep, I agree. But it is limited to 2500 copies so that pushed me over the edge. Well, that and the fact I love A Few Acres of Snow. And I will be playing Mythotopia tonight, and the reviews for that said it was vastly better than AFAoS which means I'll love it. And the few "reviews" of Handful of Stars says its better than Mythotopia so ...

Along a similar vein, I purchased Hands In The Sea. Not a Martin Wallace game but the same mechanic and it's brilliant. I just really like this mechanic and would regret not having this game as it hits all my sweet spots: love the mechanic, love space-themed games, it plays 4 players, etc.

As for information, you can read the rules which are available from the Tree Frog Games site. It makes me quite excited to play this.

Man vs Meeple said it was fantastic as have others. I do agree, no real reviews but folks did get a chance to play a copy and all the comments are quite positive.

Ultimately you're in a conundrum. If you wait you may not get a copy. If you buy it, you're forking over $100cdn sight unseen. I'll happily forgo 20 lattes for this but everyone's mileage will vary.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
venrondua wrote:
I'm really interested but the price is not insignificant. I had generally heard good things about Mythotopia with the only consistent compliant being how the game ended. AHoS has a different way the game ends which actually sounds cool.

I wish there was more information right now (only one preview written up (which was great btw)). The limited nature of the game makes me feel like I need to pull the pin right away.

What made all of you so confident to jump in right away?


I played it at Essen and it is very good so it was easy for me. It's basically what Mythotopia shuld have been all along. It fixed all the problems with it and improved on the prolonged battles in A Few Acres by making them one round with only what you have in your hand and in your tableau. A bit fiddly to set up but once you play it's very smooth. And it's also the last ever Treefrog game.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zete wrote:

The price is steep, I agree. But it is limited to 2500 copies so that pushed me over the edge. Well, that and the fact I love A Few Acres of Snow. And I will be playing Mythotopia tonight, and the reviews for that said it was vastly better than AFAoS which means I'll love it. And the few "reviews" of Handful of Stars says its better than Mythotopia so ...



For me it's the love of AFAoS and for sci-fi. I do not consider Mythotopia a better game, but I totaly love the craziness of Study in Emerald (1st ed).

I also really really like deckbuilding with a map. It is an excellent idea
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
onkel Mac
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
venrondua wrote:
I'm really interested but the price is not insignificant. I had generally heard good things about Mythotopia with the only consistent compliant being how the game ended. AHoS has a different way the game ends which actually sounds cool.

I wish there was more information right now (only one preview written up (which was great btw)). The limited nature of the game makes me feel like I need to pull the pin right away.

What made all of you so confident to jump in right away?


I played it at Essen and it is very good so it was easy for me. It's basically what Mythotopia shuld have been all along. It fixed all the problems with it and improved on the prolonged battles in A Few Acres by making them one round with only what you have in your hand and in your tableau. A bit fiddly to set up but once you play it's very smooth. And it's also the last ever Treefrog game.


Sounds good!

Just preordered from games lore
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The page for this at Grey Fox Games is giving me a 404 error, and BGG doesn't seem to actually have it up for sale yet. Am I missing the US option?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Bauer
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, does anyone know if any US OLGS will have this for pre-order? I don't mind ordering from BGB, but I prefer CSI if they will be getting it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I was able to get it in my cart at Greyfox two days ago, but I elected to go with Boardgamebliss cause the price/free shipping option made it a better deal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:
I was able to get it in my cart at Greyfox two days ago, but I elected to go with Boardgamebliss cause the price/free shipping option made it a better deal.


What was the usd price at greyfox?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahn
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got my fingers crossed for preorders at a place with Australia friendly shipping. Miniature Market in the US has great international shipping.

Gameslore the shipping cost as much as the game. BGB doesn't ship to Australia. And no luck finding the preorder on Grey Fox.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TumbleSteak wrote:
I've got my fingers crossed for preorders at a place with Australia friendly shipping. Miniature Market in the US has great international shipping.

Gameslore the shipping cost as much as the game. BGB doesn't ship to Australia. And no luck finding the preorder on Grey Fox.

The Treefrog announcement said that 'The Games Capital' were the Australian site for pre-ordering.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
TumbleSteak wrote:
I've got my fingers crossed for preorders at a place with Australia friendly shipping. Miniature Market in the US has great international shipping.

Gameslore the shipping cost as much as the game. BGB doesn't ship to Australia. And no luck finding the preorder on Grey Fox.

The Treefrog announcement said that 'The Games Capital' were the Australian site for pre-ordering.



They still have nothing on their site about it.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian White
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tiggers wrote:

They still have nothing on their site about it.


Indeed. I've emailed them, hopefully they will clarify soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Coffey
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For US Buyers, I placed my order with Boardgame Bliss in Canada so at least I'm on a list. Looking forward to this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.