Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got my kickstarter version with a crap ton of boxes of expansions come in. I'm not complaining about anything, everything looks great, aside from some inconsistency in the models (some hyper detailed, some smooth), but that's a thread for another day...

What I'm wondering about is why Monolith decided to package up all these things in these individual boxes? The Dragon, yes that makes sense, but Red Sonja, the saber-tooth tiger, Baal-Pteor, and others? Why not just package those up in bigger, themed expansions instead of all these smaller boxes? I would've been fine getting a bunch of plain cardboard boxes for all those figs, rather than a bunch of retail packages I'll feel bad about throwing out.

I even just wonder about other people looking to get into the game after the KS is over, who's going to want to buy all those separate smaller boxes that individually don't add that much to the game? I just thought it was weird they went that route. I understand that not everybody bought every expansion, it just seemed like an over the top way to package them up. I question it because they're all made for retail with individual UPCs, these weren't just for the Kickstarter backers.

Again, I'm not complaining about the contents, they all look great, just a weird way to package it all up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:

What I'm wondering about is why Monolith decided to package up all these things in these individual boxes? The Dragon, yes that makes sense, but Red Sonja, the saber-tooth tiger, Baal-Pteor, and others?

According to the kickstarter, all the characters you list here are Kickstarter exclusives. Did that change somewhere along the line?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
They are add ons and monolith has no way of knowing who would order which ones and how many of them. That is why they are separate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's because of manufacturing errors. It's easy to screw up and not add what someone ordered than to send them exactly what they ordered because it has it's own packaging. In other words, they were all their own special add-on with their own cost associated to it. You can't have them all in one box because some people don't want or can't afford everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatach wrote:
They are add ons and monolith has no way of knowing who would order which ones and how many of them. That is why they are separate.

This is almost certainly it. Unless everyone ordered all of them wholesale, they couldn't guarantee everyone getting it in a big package. This simplifies shipping tremendously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a heck of a problem to have. lol. - One of these days I may have to try kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.