Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: First time LCG'er - Best way to organize? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Pierce
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi there. This is my first LCG - and at this point I am still reading the rules and haven't yet given the game a shot. I am starting to wonder how to best organize the cards after each play.

As I just plan to play solo or perhaps with 1 other player I was wondering if it made sense to keep the "starter decks" for Roland and Wendy organized and ready to go...or should I organize and group the cards by type after each play? Same with the scenario cards - should I group them by card type? Another option seems to be putting them back in numerical order but I'm hoping that is not the answer as I can see that getting inefficient as more and more cards come out with expansions.

I realize the simple answer is that I can organize them however I wish, but what I am looking for is recommendations from experienced players of LCGs how they are sorting the cards after each play in ways that make sense and make setup most efficient. Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For scenario and encounter cards group them by subset (for example all the cards with the match icon on them should go together, and so on). I'm currently keeping these in the ziplock bags that come with the game, and have made paper bands to hold the groups together:

Player cards are probably best stored by class, and so far I've just sorted them by number. I have these stored in a binder, for easy access when constructing my deck.

Essentially I've ended up with everything sorted by number, and it's not so much of a pain to resort them after play as you might think. And from the look of the preview images, each expansion cycle will have a custom icon near the number to make those easy to separate out too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I have everything stored in a 930 card container (simple cardboard) and includes the Curse of the Rougarou as well. I took the doubles from my second core to fully set up the 3 scenarios so I don't have to build each time. I also built two decks but can easily disassemble these to build others. I sorted my player cards by class. All tokens and extras fit in baggies in the cardboard box I'm storing this in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Jandt
msg tools
mbmb
Love the paper bands. Can you post the files for those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ravynlocke wrote:
Love the paper bands. Can you post the files for those?

I want to do a little more work on them - change the font, add card group icons, and differentiate between scenario and encounter card groups - but, yes, once that's done I will upload them to the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pierce
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone, this is very helpful info. Now on to actually playing the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option is use divided cards from file section between card sets.
For example these: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/138641/vertical-theme...

I personally use the core and alt-player sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
It was my life, like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was to let it be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
Another option is use divided cards from file section between card sets.
For example these: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/138641/vertical-theme...

I personally use the core and alt-player sets.

That's what I just did as of today. I printed the vertical dividers then cut them and inserted them into "top loaders" that a friend was kind enough to give me as he has a crateful just sitting in his basement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.