Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After receiving my copy yesterday (11/22/16), I decided to create an unboxing video to show what comes in the Kickstarter bundle (the Sergeant level pledge).

Here is the link found in the video section of Warfighter WWII:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/118728/warfighter-wwii-tacti...

EDIT: Replaced embedded video with link to the video section

• [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to my copy and the expansions. Great unboxing, thanks! As a 25 year print design veteran, I'm certainly hoping that pages 26 and 27 with the red ink smeared very badly won't be the norm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Looking forward to my copy and the expansions. Great unboxing, thanks! As a 25 year print design veteran, I'm certainly hoping that pages 26 and 27 with the red ink smeared very badly won't be the norm.

Thanks for the feedback David!

I appreciate your attention to detail. As it was the first time I saw any of the components myself, I didn't pay close attention to the print smearing. I'm glad you were able to point that out.

I plan to do a second video with a more in depth overview of the individual components. I will make sure to point out the smear as a possible production issue. I'm hoping my copy was only one of a few that had this issue.

I'll find out from DVG if there is a way to replace the poorly printed rulebook with a clean copy and give everyone an update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lowry
msg tools
mb
Wow that smearing is really bad I couldn't believe you just kept flipping through the pages without mentioning it!
I'm happy to report that mine doesn't have any issue of that kind, so hopefully it's just a one off. I would still ask DVG for a replacement in your case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have emailed DVG about the above.

I believe there is some
Public holiday in the U.S. - so it might take a few days for an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
I have emailed DVG about the above.

I believe there is some
Public holiday in the U.S. - so it might take a few days for an answer.

Turkey-nom-nom day (it should be in October, though) followed by freak-out-buying-Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Bryan,

Yikes!

Please email me at: dan(AT)dvg(DOT)com with your address and we will send you a new rulebook!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanVerssen wrote:
Bryan,

Yikes!

Please email me at: dan(AT)dvg(DOT)com with your address and we will send you a new rulebook!

Hi Dan! I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

Thanks for addressing this so quickly! I appreciate your attention to detail and your great customer service. I have sent you an email with my address.

Lastly, I wanted to say that I greatly admire your work and the amazing games you have created for the gaming community. Looking forward to all the other great games you have lined up in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:

Hi David,

I finally posted my second video with more in depth coverage of the components in the core box. I made sure to mention the rulebook printing issue and talked about how Dan Verssen quickly sent me a replacement. In this new video, I also gave you credit for pointing out the printing issue. So thanks again!

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/120300/warfighter-wwii-tacti...

EDIT: replaced YouTube link with BGG video page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great video!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.