Casey Boone
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)

I have a couple questions about 3 milestones in box 5 that deal with the statues.. Does anyone know these milestones have explicit entries in the captain's book referencing them?

Right before we opened box 5 a player in my group completed a dual research card deal that read: "At a statue most ancient, the westernmost one, read entry 390 to see what has begun."

For us this is the gold statue on our map.

Unfortunately entry 390 does not mention a milestone.

I'm curious if #390 would complete the milestone "The Secret of Gold" AND if we should award this milestone to the player immediately since he's already completed it..

Or is this milestone for something completely different we have yet to uncover?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't completed this milestone, or done the treasure map you're referring to, but my suspicion is that the "secret of..." milestones require doing something that's impossible before opening box 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Beedun wrote:

For us this is the gold statue on our map.

Unfortunately entry 390 does not mention a milestone.

I'm curious if #390 would complete the milestone "The Secret of Gold" AND if we should award this milestone to the player immediately since he's already completed it..

Thanks!

That's how we played it. So far (5 games later) nothing has contradicted that inerpretation,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Boone
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:
I haven't completed this milestone, or done the treasure map you're referring to, but my suspicion is that the "secret of..." milestones require doing something that's impossible before opening box 5.

Those are our thoughts as well and why we aren't so hesitant to give out the milestone quite yet. Hoping someone can confirm though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Secret of Gold" milestone is explicitly mentioned in the Captain's Booke entry where you find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Boone
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vetinari7878 wrote:
"The Secret of Gold" milestone is explicitly mentioned in the Captain's Booke entry where you find it.

Thank you Federico!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question about another Box 5 milestone:

Finding the chart to the island at the end of the world. Is it also the case that there will be explicit instructions to claim that milestone?

Or should we just claim it when we

find something with the wave icon on it? (which we haven't done, but I'm guessing will be the case)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:
Related question about another Box 5 milestone:

Finding the chart to the island at the end of the world. Is it also the case that there will be explicit instructions to claim that milestone?

Or should we just claim it when we

find something with the wave icon on it? (which we haven't done, but I'm guessing will be the case)

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question related to the previous question about Box 5 milestones
So, I have found a
thing with a wave icon on it. Specifically:
the back of an advisor. Nothing actually instructed me to scan the back of an adviser though (besides hearing that the top advisor in each guild had a chart) - I just did it as part of an interrogation. Have I short-circuited the chain of events a bit by scanning the back (which I probably shouldn't really have been able to do, since a strict reading of the rules suggests that my advisor should be face up in my active advisor space at the time)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryMollusc wrote:
So, I have found a
the back of an advisor. Nothing actually instructed me to scan the back of an adviser though (besides hearing that the top advisor in each guild had a chart) - I just did it as part of an interrogation. Have I short-circuited the chain of events a bit by scanning the back (which I probably shouldn't really have been able to do, since a strict reading of the rules suggests that my advisor should be face up in my active advisor space at the time)?

(This spoils all the nested layers of the above spoiler block, so don't open this unless you went all the way through the question)

Short answer, yes, a little bit. You will be explicitly allowed at one point to scan the back of advisor cards.

(one or more of the interrogation result Booke entries allows you to do it in future interrogations.)

That's pretty much where I was when I asked the question. I just wasn't sure if that was enough or if there was going to be another step before claiming that milestone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:
AngryMollusc wrote:
So, I have found a

(This spoils all the nested layers of the above spoiler block, so don't open this unless you went all the way through the question)

Short answer, yes, a little bit. You will be explicitly allowed at one point to scan the back of advisor cards.

(one or more of the interrogation result Booke entries allows you to do it in future interrogations.)

That's pretty much where I was when I asked the question. I just wasn't sure if that was enough or if there was going to be another step before claiming that milestone.

you claim milestone from this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.