4 Posts

Legendary Encounters: A Firefly Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pain is Scary: Jayne rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Martin
Australia
flag msg tools
What does the snowflake * symbol next to the 2 & 0 mean?
I couldn't find this in the manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever an asterisk appears, it means the number might change under certain conditions, which will be written on the card. It's sort of like the + icon, except it can do things other than increasing the number.

I'm not able to check this specific card for it's ability, but does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
In this particular case, the card produces different results depending on whether you play it yourself during your turn, or you use it to coordinate with a teammate on their turn.

Playing it during your turn gives you 2 Recruit points (but no combat points). If you use it to coordinate with someone, it will give them 2 combat points (but no recruit points)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Martin
Australia
flag msg tools
Right, the manual needs about another 4 pages on all of this intricate detail in my opinion. But that's a well worn story cry

OK,so the 0* is really just to emphasize no attack when not coordinating. * = other things are afoot.

Good, your explanations should keep me going for the time being. I will return if I have further issues. Thanks.

Still on episode one just about to buy my final two salvage. Think I am really going to dig this game. Fast and fun. Lots of decisions to be made, but I can't see paralysis by analysis ever being an issue.

Yes, a very well designed game. My local had a 20% store wide, one day only sale today, and they have Alien. Just haven't had this game long enough to take the plunge. I was very tempted though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.