Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out if it's even possible to create a deck that amasses enough military force to win the game before your deck runs out. Is it possible to do without bequeathing? I have had the occasional game where someone doesn't draw to any defense, and I get a quick win with three measly attack points. But that isn't what I'm talking about.
The only time I tried it, my opponent kept piling Monks into the Emissary deck, which brought on the Vikings so fast I basically had no chance.

I want to try again, but thought I might see if anyone has any tips first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's a two player game, try:

6 Banquets
6 Champions
6 Vassals
1 Prince
2 Banners
2 Allies
1 Castle

Rush Strategy:

Look for an opening hand of Champions and Banquets if possible.
Banquet on the first turn or two.
Banners, Allies and the castle can be towered if needed.
Attack on second or third turn, hopefully before your opponent gets anything substantial going.

Best defense here would be for your opponent to get out an early castle. If you can attack big before he gets the castle out, game over on turn two or three. It's a risk, but can work.

If playing Two Turns, Two Towers variant, this is more difficult to pull off.

This is fun to do once, but not my preferred way to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any Kamikaze deck is going to be useful exactly once. And most of the easy-to-think-of decks like this have a very low chance of success against a player who has played even a couple of games. Not that they can't work; especially if your opponents' first round of card draws is crappy -- they just aren't good decks for the long-term, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
Any Kamikaze deck is going to be useful exactly once. And most of the easy-to-think-of decks like this have a very low chance of success against a player who has played even a couple of games. Not that they can't work; especially if your opponents' first round of card draws is crappy -- they just aren't good decks for the long-term, really.

Agreed, it's one and done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.