Subject: Robe of Imp Protection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would a robe of imp protection stop me from losing a glyph to an imp in the room with that glyph marker? If so, could that mean the Imp was removed because of not obtaining a glyph?

To clarify my thinking: the robe protects the wearer from all effects of the threat, so that suggests wearer does not lose a glyph and, if the Imp fails to receive one, it should disappear. But, it could be argued that (a) the Imp affects the glyph source and the loss of a glyph by wizards is a side effect (I think that argument is weak, since there is no such concept explicit in the rules) and, perhaps more persuasively, (b) the rules say "if no wizard has such a glyph, the Imp leaves", so in the case of the robe wearer, they have a glyph, but (perhaps) the Imp cannot get it.

So, my conclusion is that that the wearer does not lose a glyph and, if they have one, the Imp stays, even if they did not get a glyph from anyone else. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The robe makes the imp ignore the user for all purposes, that includes checking whether any wizards have a glyph - so it disappears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - that makes sense, and highlights the point I missed in my reasoning!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.