Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the opportunity to purchase a used copy of Android, and I've kindly asked the owner to do a quick cross-reference of the components against the rulebook list. Apparently there is one of twelve "alibi" token missing, and one of fourty-four "baggage" tokens.

I have raised a replacement parts ticket with FF/Asmodee, but it's a long shot and I don't hold out much hope, so I came here to ask if the game is going to be perfectly usable with these missing parts? One of fourty-four makes me think they form a general supply and I'm not going to notice, but one of twelve might be considerably more important?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
It's been a while since I played but I think you are correct in that the baggage token won't be missed. The alibi probably will be. Just double checked and the alibi weren't what i was thinking. You will probably be fine with one missing. I don't recall burning through all 12 in my games. If you get to that point, you can just substitute something else in.

Both of these are just meant to mark things so it shouldn't be a big deal if one of each is missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
I have the opportunity to purchase a used copy of Android, and I've kindly asked the owner to do a quick cross-reference of the components against the rulebook list. Apparently there is one of twelve "alibi" token missing, and one of fourty-four "baggage" tokens.

I have raised a replacement parts ticket with FF/Asmodee, but it's a long shot and I don't hold out much hope, so I came here to ask if the game is going to be perfectly usable with these missing parts? One of fourty-four makes me think they form a general supply and I'm not going to notice, but one of twelve might be considerably more important?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It seems extremely unlikely that you would need all of the Alibi or Baggage tokens. I don't think either of them is supposed to be component-limited, and I don't think I've ever come close to running out of either of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In service to the Imperium of Man
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've ever seen more than three, maybe four alibis placed in a single game. And baggage tokens tend to get set up in multiple piles around the board, none of which get depleted even in a five-player game.

If that's all that's missing then you can consider the copy complete. (If the Chairman Hiro tokens are missing though--watch out! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks everyone. Doing a dig through the forums, I see that FF has confirmed it was a misprint in the rulebook regarding the alibi tokens, and there should actually only be 11 anyway!

Let's hope I win this auction, now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You think that's air you're breathing?
badge
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant That We Should voyage far.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, it's my favorite game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
Thanks everyone. Doing a dig through the forums, I see that FF has confirmed it was a misprint in the rulebook regarding the alibi tokens, and there should actually only be 11 anyway!

Let's hope I win this auction, now.

This is correct, check the FAQ. And you definitely won't miss the baggage token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.