Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: uh_ya_think~ [+] "Fake_News" [+] [View All]
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heard this story on the way home today: http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/11/23/503...

I loved this quote: "We've tried to do similar things to liberals. It just has never worked, it never takes off. You'll get debunked within the first two comments and then the whole thing just kind of fizzles out."

More proof that right wingers want to only believe the crap that fits into their point of view. Keep in mind that truth has a liberal bias.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
hey look who thinks what's real still matters in America
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Daddys_Home wrote:
Heard this story on the way home today: http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/11/23/503...

I loved this quote: "We've tried to do similar things to liberals. It just has never worked, it never takes off. You'll get debunked within the first two comments and then the whole thing just kind of fizzles out."

More proof that right wingers want to only believe the crap that fits into their point of view. Keep in mind that truth has a liberal bias.

Absolutely no stereotyping in your post at all. Absolutely none. What about us Moderates? Are we stoopider than all those enlightened lefties?

Can a military fetishist be a moderate? Seems like a stretch to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds totally backwards. A couple news sites claim Steve Bannon is a racist and libs will spend 9 pages talking about it without an ounce of proof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
This sounds totally backwards. A couple news sites claim Steve Bannon is a racist and libs will spend 9 pages talking about it without an ounce of proof.

Democratics are by and large probably in the bottom 5% of ignorant ideological morons in the history of Earth. They're behind The Mongols, and Vlad The Impaler and barely above Bernie Sanders supporters. I saw this clip today and while I don't know who the handsome young *journalist* with the glasses is but he's practically shitting himself trying to get this noted Jewish trail lawyer to someway, somehow agree that the "Narrative" MSNBC and the rest of the morons of the MSM are still, even now, trying to sell. Watching Dershowitz deftly step around the idiot's buffoonish and clearly biased attempts to somehow keep the subject on how horrible the Right has become is like watching the 2016 Dallas Cowboys play the local Jr High team. He's nice to the guy and never lets on that he's making this democrat look like the idiot he is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:

Who's the military fetishist? Have you spent a minute in any military unit?

Just saying it takes a certain type to spray military stuff ALL OVER their avatars and persona.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
windsagio wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

Just saying it takes a certain type to spray military stuff ALL OVER their avatars and persona.

It does. Someone who is proud to have served, I should think. That seems perfectly sensible to me--had I undergone serious hardships to protect others, in the process forming some of the strongest bonds of friendship and brotherhood I'd ever experience, I'd be proud, too. Heck, I still get a charge out of telling the story about how I once foiled a robbery and tackled a lineman who was pounding one of the other guys from my lab.

Instead, I stay home, raise my kids, make sure my wife can take care of others without worrying about the basics, keep the house in reasonable order, do a little volunteering here and there--all valuable things, but nothing like military service. And even I proudly display the microbadge for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
windsagio wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

I don't give a flying fuck what you have to say. I had the great opportunity to train and serve with some of the very best soldiers and pilots in the World including members of the 82nd, Rangers, Special Forces, and F-15 pilots.

Doing so fundamentally changed my life and made me the person that I am today.

I doubt that you don't even know what those units do. And yes, I am both very humbled and very proud to have had the opportunity to train with those great men and women. And I would have gladly given my life if called upon for those men and women if the situation called for such.

food + troll = bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
mbmb
utoption2 wrote:
rinelk wrote:
windsagio wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

It does. Someone who is proud to have served, I should think. That seems perfectly sensible to me--had I undergone serious hardships to protect others, in the process forming some of the strongest bonds of friendship and brotherhood I'd ever experience, I'd be proud, too. Heck, I still get a charge out of telling the story about how I once foiled a robbery and tackled a lineman who was pounding one of the other guys from my lab.

Instead, I stay home, raise my kids, make sure my wife can take care of others without worrying about the basics, keep the house in reasonable order, do a little volunteering here and there--all valuable things, but nothing like military service. And even I proudly display the microbadge for it.

Thank you, Kelsey for saying this. It means lot to me that you put this writing. Sincerely, Dennis

Dude, you put your life on the line for my country. I can never thank you enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
utoption2 wrote:

Truthfully, Kelsey, I was just a small cog in a big wheel who had the great opportunity to work with some truly great people. I did not have the chance to fight in a war, but, as I said, if called upon to do so, I would have gladly. It does deeply hurt me when I read about deaths in the Special Forces community, particularly when I watch movies like Black Hawk Down.

Even putting yourself in a position in which you might have been called in counts for enough that I'm cool with you whatever pride you feel like displaying. Helping maintain that force in readiness, even if it were just peeling potatoes, would be noble work.

I'm still going to tell you many of your ideas are crap, mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/21/meet_the_n...

Nope, just need the words that come out of his own mouth. Keep in mind there were plenty of "smart" racists in Germany during the 30's and 40's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:

Absolutely no stereotyping in your post at all. Absolutely none. What about us Moderates? Are we stoopider than all those enlightened lefties?

The guy who makes up fake news, full well knowing it's fake news, said, "We've tried to do similar things to liberals. It just has never worked, it never takes off. You'll get debunked within the first two comments and then the whole thing just kind of fizzles out."

I don't have an answer for you, but if you are truly a moderate, you really should have backed Killary. She is more of a moderate.

I don't think liberals are more enlightened, but I do believe they tend to look stuff up and not take it at face value just because it fits their narrative. Apparently conservatives do take things that fit their narrative at face value and don't bother to check the source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
windsagio wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

I dunno, the 'Bro, do you even lift?' style response reinforced my point.

Dude's a bad parody (I'd direct you to him referring to Obama as 'president pencil-neck') of macho-macho. The toughguy talk, the military obsession, the blustering response, it all fits together perfectly.

If he hadn't made the ludicrous claim that he's a moderate I wouldn't have pushed the glaring giant red trigger button on his forehead. As it is, I'll admit a moral failure, I couldn't resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading this thread while at the same time watching Jimmy Kimmel and he is doing a skit where they interview people on the street asking people "How do they feel about Trumps plan to renovate the Whitehouse?" Then asking specifics like his plan to put a food court in, or a campaign fountain or replace the whole thing with a sky scraper. And people are buying it.

So yea, it's only right wingers that are gullible...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
galad2003 wrote:
I'm reading this thread while at the same time watching Jimmy Kimmel and he is doing a skit where they interview people on the street asking people "How do they feel about Trumps plan to renovate the Whitehouse?" Then asking specifics like his plan to put a food court in, or a campaign fountain or replace the whole thing with a sky scraper. And people are buying it.

I think you didn't understand how it is that liberals don't get sucked in as much.

That is, fairly soon a liberal reader goes and checks it out and finds it is fake and posts a comment to that effect, and that shuts the whole process down.

Conservatives [it is claimed] just forward it on without checking, and [maybe] the 1st checker/debunker is ignored by the following readers because they have been taught that liberals will lie about everything.

Your man/women on the street don't have the benefit of a comment to alert them to the fakey-ness of the story and just respond to the guy with the mic. They also can't as easily do a fact check [as someone sitting at his laptop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
galad2003 wrote:

I guess you also believe Pawn Stars is reality TV? whistle

Steve1501 wrote:

I think you didn't understand how it is that liberals don't get sucked in as much.

That is, fairly soon a liberal reader goes and checks it out and finds it is fake and posts a comment to that effect, and that shuts the whole process down.

Conservatives [it is claimed] just forward it on without checking, and [maybe] the 1st checker/debunker is ignored by the following readers because they have been taught that liberals will lie about everything.

Your man/women on the street don't have the benefit of a comment to alert them to the fakey-ness of the story and just respond to the guy with the mic. They also can't as easily do a fact check [as someone sitting at his laptop.

Plus, they are not showing the (maybe many) interviewees who did not believe the fake news. Would not be that much fun, would it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
windsagio wrote:
rinelk wrote:
windsagio wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

I dunno, the 'Bro, do you even lift?' style response reinforced my point.

Dude's a bad parody (I'd direct you to him referring to Obama as 'president pencil-neck') of macho-macho. The toughguy talk, the military obsession, the blustering response, it all fits together perfectly.

If he hadn't made the ludicrous claim that he's a moderate I wouldn't have pushed the glaring giant red trigger button on his forehead. As it is, I'll admit a moral failure, I couldn't resist.

I am glad that you admit that you, too, are a pencil-neck.

I didn't talk tough. I was honest. I was and I am humble. I cannot begin to fill the shoes of the Special Forces, Rangers, Paratroopers, and Pilots that I served with.

You'll never know what a privilege that was to train at the JFK School of Special Warfare. You won't know what it was like to train with the most well trained, yet the most humble and sacrificial soldiers in the world. You won't know how amazing it was to stand in a tower and watch a wing of F-15s take off in 500 feet of runway in zero degree weather.

Nope. You won't ever know any of that.

I do. And it has resulted, for me, in a very, very successful life.

Because once you have experienced that, you learn one very key thing: Don't ever quit. Ever.

I spent a bunch of years working as a civilian with a bunch of Navy guys and some other military guys from other branches at a military run facility.

I feel like the America the military is designed to serve and sort of weirdly does serve is a hell of a lot better than the America that actually exists. It's like that "be the person your dog thinks you are" - it'd be great if we could be the country our military imagines its fighting for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

You're clearly a "certain type" of something, which I think is not clearer to people reading this thread. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
What about "Buffalo Wingers"? Were some 'too spicy' and therefore "ungulletable"? My Brother believed "so"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The plural of anecdote still isn't data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:

I didn't talk tough. I was honest. I was and I am humble. I cannot begin to fill the shoes of the Special Forces, Rangers, Paratroopers, and Pilots that I served with.

You'll never know what a privilege that was to train at the JFK School of Special Warfare. You won't know what it was like to train with the most well trained, yet the most humble and sacrificial soldiers in the world. You won't know how amazing it was to stand in a tower and watch a wing of F-15s take off in 500 feet of runway in zero degree weather.

Because once you have experienced that, you learn one very key thing: Don't ever quit. Ever.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
"The ""SUN"" never sets on the British Empire because GOD doesn't 'trust' an Englishman in the DARK!" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:

Well that certainly does match up to what we see from the RSP conservatives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
utoption2 wrote:
windsagio wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

I'd rather have a Short, Happy Life than a Long, Sad, Cowardly one.

(Reference: The Short, Happy Life of Francis Macomber)

I still prefer a long, happy one over your two alternatives.

And who thinks that the only way to show courage is by holding a weapon in his hand must have a really narrow view of life and its adversities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
odie73 wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
windsagio wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

I'd rather have a Short, Happy Life than a Long, Sad, Cowardly one.

(Reference: The Short, Happy Life of Francis Macomber)

I still prefer a long, happy one over your two alternatives.

And who thinks that the only way to show courage is by holding a weapon in his hand must have a really narrow view of life and its adversities.

Actually, I am just an existentialist. That's above the military call of duty. I reached that conclusion before I went into the military. It's related to the aphorism--If you know how to die, you know how to live.

Death will come to us all.

Better to know how to face it looking it in the eye, rather than run whimpering from it your whole life or denying it is there until the day it taps you on the shoulder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.