Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I'm dying to know what may have changed in the Ultimate edition, please tell? Tweaks, additions, removals... I'm dying to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well they said there are some small changes but most of the game is the same so don't get too excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bratina
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus - is it true that this is only available in the US?

surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Cro1 wrote:
Well they said there are some small changes but most of the game is the same so don't get too excited.
I would just love to know what those small changes are, outside of correcting the misprints in the MAC cards in Room 25: Season 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann Rha
France
flag msg tools
The editors are French (MATAGOT) so you can find the game in France

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has the the expansion added to it. The figures are color and have different shapes on the bottom for color blind people. A really nice insert to hold everything. I got if off Amazon for $38 free shipping. I think it was the only one he had. I posted some pictures of it here on this Room 25 Ultimate site. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kai Ho Chan
msg tools
Bratwa wrote:

surprise

I hope it will be available in Canada too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CCHIPSS wrote:
Bratwa wrote:

surprise

I hope it will be available in Canada too.
Already is. Bought my copy from greatboardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read something previously about sleeves for the room tiles. Is that necessary or just suggested for playing this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fanofuna wrote:
I read something previously about sleeves for the room tiles. Is that necessary or just suggested for playing this game?

Tiles do get moved around a bit but they are sturdy cardboard (at least they were in the base and Season 2) so I couldn't imagine sleeving them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
fanofuna wrote:

Tiles do get moved around a bit but they are sturdy cardboard (at least they were in the base and Season 2) so I couldn't imagine sleeving them.

It has nothing to do with possible damage. The problem was the expansion having tile backs in a different shade from the base game. It was said that the next expansion would come with some sort of opaque sleeves. I don't think they will be included in this edition, since it already contains the first expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
fanofuna wrote:

It has nothing to do with possible damage. The problem was the expansion having tile backs in a different shade from the base game. It was said that the next expansion would come with some sort of opaque sleeves. I don't think they will be included in this edition, since it already contains the first expansion.

Actually it does have to do with damage. Differently from many games, Room 25 depends highly upon ONE SINGLE TILE. If the exit gets marked by any kind of accident and mishandling, then you cannot play it without sleeves (or some other kind of covering up) anymore.

Now you might say that this rarely happens and while this is true, it can still happen and since this is a game component that is visible to everybody at all times, it's really critical that players can't tell apart the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Actually it does have to do with damage.

No, it doesn't. I agree with the rest of what you said, but possible marking of critical components, whether it's a tile or a card, has never been enough reason for a publisher to include sleeves in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
Actually it does have to do with damage.

No, it doesn't. I agree with the rest of what you said, but possible marking of critical components, whether it's a tile or a card, has never been enough reason for a publisher to include sleeves in a game.

Eh, what? Never? They just did that in the new Love Letter that comes with opaque sleeves and really sturdy cardboard simply because that game breaks if Princess is marked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kobo
Netherlands
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Back on topic:

Because Room 25 Ultimate combines the base game and season 2 into one big game, they reorganized some of the content. I've noticed the following things in the new rulebook:

The adrenaline token from season 2 now belongs to the basic rules. And I think this is a new rule: When a guard reveals himself, he loses his adrenaline token. This seems to address Tom Vasel's issue a bit about there not being a negative to revealing yourself early as a guard.

The MAC cards are mentioned only in the rules for the coop mode, not for the suspicion mode.

The following room from the base game is now part of the advanced rules:
- Illusion chamber (red room)

The following rooms from season 2 are now part of the basic rules:
- Key room (blue room for the coop mode)
- Tunnel chamber (green room)
- Pivoting room (yellow room)
- Shredder room (red room)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
françois rouzé
France
flag msg tools
designer
Koborover wrote:
Back on topic:

Because Room 25 Ultimate combines the base game and season 2 into one big game, they reorganized some of the content. I've noticed the following things in the new rulebook:

The adrenaline token from season 2 now belongs to the basic rules. And I think this is a new rule: When a guard reveals himself, he loses his adrenaline token. This seems to address Tom Vasel's issue a bit about there not being a negative to revealing yourself early as a guard.

The MAC cards are mentioned only in the rules for the coop mode, not for the suspicion mode.

The following room from the base game is now part of the advanced rules:
- Illusion chamber (red room)

The following rooms from season 2 are now part of the basic rules:
- Key room (blue room for the coop mode)
- Tunnel chamber (green room)
- Pivoting room (yellow room)
- Shredder room (red room)

You are absolutely right. Another new rule is that guards cannot reveal themselves till the Room 25 has been revealed. This reinforces the tension and the importance of finding the exit early for the guards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kobo
Netherlands
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
otopsi wrote:

Another new rule is that guards cannot reveal themselves till the Room 25 has been revealed. This reinforces the tension and the importance of finding the exit early for the guards.

I completely skipped past that important line in the rules! Thank you François for pointing that out and for continuously improving the Room 25 experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CalicoDave
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the Ultimate edition the other day and it looks like they removed the Team play and Competitive game modes from the new rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CalicoDave wrote:
Just got the Ultimate edition the other day and it looks like they removed the Team play and Competitive game modes from the new rulebook.

Does anyone play those when the traitor game is where the meat is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CalicoDave
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
CalicoDave wrote:

Does anyone play those when the traitor game is where the meat is?

I haven't played at all yet, but I'd like to give the Competitive game a shot. But my real interest is with the traitor game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they're really just a rules change, the competitive and team modes can still be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CalicoDave
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
Since they're really just a rules change, the competitive and team modes can still be played.

Right. And the original rules are still on Matagot's website, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amadeu Coelho Fischer Neto
Brazil
Piracicaba
sp
flag msg tools
CalicoDave wrote:
downeymb wrote:

Right. And the original rules are still on Matagot's website, too.

Is in the rules!
"Alternative game modes are available for download on our website :
www.matagot.com/room 25"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amadeukaos wrote:
Is in the rules!
"Alternative game modes are available for download on our website :
www.matagot.com/room 25"

Excellent!

This encourages people to play the game in its best format, but for those curious or looking for a different experience can see what the options are. Plus if they come up with additional variants, they don't have to update the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.