Ian Hopper
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
Hi everyone
Apologies if this has been asked before, I have gone through a lot of the questions and I can't find this specifically.

One of the tiles has a scroll with a 1 VP per broch on it. The scroll itself is almost all in the water with the corner touching mountains. (There is also a road running through the mountains and a ship in the water, but I think that's irrelevant to the question).

For the purpose of scoring double VPs for the scroll in a completed area:
a) The water area needs to be completed as the majority of the scroll is in the water
b) The mountains area needs to be completed as brochs only appear in mountains
c) Both the water and the mountains need to be completed as both are present on the tile with the scroll

Clarification of this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help

Cheers, Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
IanHopper wrote:
Hi everyone
Apologies if this has been asked before, I have gone through a lot of the questions and I can't find this specifically.

One of the tiles has a scroll with a 1 VP per broch on it. The scroll itself is almost all in the water with the corner touching mountains. (There is also a road running through the mountains and a ship in the water, but I think that's irrelevant to the question).

For the purpose of scoring double VPs for the scroll in a completed area:
a) The water area needs to be completed as the majority of the scroll is in the water
b) The mountains area needs to be completed as brochs only appear in mountains
c) Both the water and the mountains need to be completed as both are present on the tile with the scroll

Clarification of this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help

Cheers, Ian

Should just be A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's what I'm thinking of, the position of the scroll has nothing to do with its goal.

If the scroll provides 1 VP per broch, then you get 1 VP for each broch you have on your tiles. It doesn't have to be a completed area, you just need to count the item depicted n the scroll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Prater
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
If it's what I'm thinking of, the position of the scroll has nothing to do with its goal.

If the scroll provides 1 VP per broch, then you get 1 VP for each broch you have on your tiles. It doesn't have to be a completed area, you just need to count the item depicted n the scroll.

He's asking about the victory points doubling. Which I believe is the water answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:

You are aware those scrolls CAN be doubled, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:

You are aware those scrolls CAN be doubled, right?

Totally missed the word Doubled.

It would be the mountains. The ships and lighthouses are water. Farms, animals, and whiskey barrels are grass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say, "If a scroll is in a completed area, you receive double the victory points for it."

In the in this case, the OP said that the scroll was in the water. (I'm ignoring the "corner touching mountains" part.)

By the rules, the points from this scroll are doubled if that water area is completed.

That would apply regardless of whether the scroll is awarding points for brochs in mountains or spaceships in orbit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean the tile near the top-center of this picture, in the 2nd row: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3235055/isle-skye-chieftain-...

If so, yes, just complete that water region to double it. I mean no offense to Chris Funk but I would ignore his answers on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the more I look at the rules, that particular tile would be water. I was reading it as if the subject of the scroll was in a completed area. Nevermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
Yeah, the more I look at the rules, that particular tile would be water. I was reading it as if the subject of the scroll was in a completed area. Nevermind.

You can choose not to ignore this post of his.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirming option a).

gillum wrote:
That would apply regardless of whether the scroll is awarding points for brochs in mountains or spaceships in orbit.

Nice exemplification. And if we'd ever do a The Skye is the Limit expansion, we'd be enormously grateful that we only required the scroll to be in a completed area. Might save us a whole rulebook page on "completed orbits"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hopper
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone for answers on this, and confirming option a)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.