Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the learn to play and rule reference:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/ae/bb...

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/94/01...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally!!! Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Woods
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
READ! And mostly memorized this game looks and sounds AMAZING! I have very high hopes for this one! (possible New Favourite Game of All Time!laugh) I think it's interesting how everyone is looking at this game and seeing BSG but I'm seeing Cosmic Encounter/Monopoly lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
It does seem pretty good. Nothing like monopoly at least

Parts do remind me of BSG, there are 5 colored card types, and those you draw at the start of each turn. I would say it also feels like Rex/Dune as most of the game is in the negotiation rather than in the mechanics.

I like how you have a limit of cards, so until your next turn you really need to consider how to use them. Being last in turn order can let you swing the offers one way or another so seems like a good position to barter from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does sound a lot like BSG, if everybody in BSG was a freakin' Cylon only out to win for themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiley
United States
Mason
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I see a little bit of Republic of Rome in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the demo and it is nothing like BSG. It is not cooperative, you don't have a character you move around the board, there are no tests you secretly contribute to to help or hurt the chances of success.

It is primarily a negotiation game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems between homeworld and spartacus to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
No good will come of this, mark my words!
badge
mbmb
Stupid things some game publishers/designers do.

#1 Name the parts of their system with terms people use generally as synonyms.

Rounds, turns, and action phases all being different things is a very easy way to confuse players.

Re the actual game. It seems like it could be fun, but it also seems very FFG: busy and involved but veers towards confusing and shallow rather than intricate and deep.

It does look primarily like a negotiation game. I don't see how much scope for skill in card play there might be, but board play looks pretty dull.

The question would be what does this add over something like Intrigue or Lifeboats? For me the points of interest are:

1) Win conditions seem fun. Seems like a decent way to manage the tensions of a cooperative-competitive environment with a traitor game, better than any other I've seen to date.

2) Asymmetric between different corp types gives a bit of a different dynamic to how players will see and position themselves and others.

3) The effects of the cards could vary the experience a fair bit game to game, so it doesn't fall in to patterns of play.

4) Theme might be less dry for some people so easier to get them to give it ago. Though it will also turn off some others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
lamaros wrote:

Rounds, turns, and action phases all being different things is a very easy way to confuse players.

What would you name them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clasing
msg tools
mb
pikaphanpooh wrote:
I see a little bit of Republic of Rome in it.

My friends and I keep saying the same thing, and this will replace our RoR games from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
lamaros wrote:

What would you name them?

It will be hard, but in Czech we use the same Czech word for round and turn ("kolo"), so it will be a chore to translate to my friends.
In Android they introduced completely different term for game round - "A day". It is intuitive and it works. Why not do similar approach here? Like week(rounds) and days(turns). It is not perfect but it took me like 5 minutes so in more time it can be polished...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's weird if there is a different number of "days" in each "week" though.

But maybe they are "business days" and the corps have a really relaxed holiday calendar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vodnyk wrote:

It will be hard, but in Czech we use the same Czech word for round and turn ("kolo"), so it will be a chore to translate to my friends.
In Android they introduced completely different term for game round - "A day". It is intuitive and it works. Why not do similar approach here? Like week(rounds) and days(turns). It is not perfect but it took me like 5 minutes so in more time it can be polished...

In Italian there is the same problem. We imported the word "round" just for this purpose :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
It's weird if there is a different number of "days" in each "week" though.

But maybe they are "business days" and the corps have a really relaxed holiday calendar

Why do you think the androids are so mum more effective than slave human laborers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
when exactly is the release date again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actmoon wrote:

Saw it in my FLGS yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
actmoon wrote:

Received mine today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.