Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hendricks
United States
Saint Marys
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to see if anyone else had asked and answered this, but no luck.

1. I'm assuming my attack pool can be split however I'd like, specifically against multiple opponents in a 3-4 player game. Right/wrong?

2. I understand that players cannot be attacked if they have a prepared GUARD champion in play, but do prepared non-GUARD champions prevent me from attacking the player directly?

Sorry if these are obvious, and if it is spelled out in the rule book please help me find where I missed it. Thanks for reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, split damage however you want (unless playing in a variant with rules that contradict that, e.g. attack left).

If the enemy has any guards, you may only attack the enemy's guards. If the enemy has no guards, you may attack the enemy or any of his champions however you deem appropriate.

Personally I recommend always taking down champions as a priority, unless you can kill your opponent this turn. Strong champions need to be taken out because they're a threat, and weak champions will clog your opponent's deck up. Not to mention that even weak effects can add up when they keep happening turn after turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it matter if the guard is prepared or not? I didn't actually read the rules, just skimmed since I know Star Realms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually not sure about that, but I also don't think it's (currently) relevant, as everything prepares at the end of your turn, and I haven't seen any cards that exhaust your opponent's cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
Does it matter if the guard is prepared or not? I didn't actually read the rules, just skimmed since I know Star Realms.

If you could somehow expend an enemy guard, on your turn (not currently possible, I believe), then it would no longer protect your opponent or her champions, as long as it stays expended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjo Man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
adamxpaul wrote:

If you could somehow expend an enemy guard, on your turn (not currently possible, I believe), then it would no longer protect your opponent or her champions, as long as it stays expended.

I thought I read in the rules that Champions get prepared again in the discard phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hendricks
United States
Saint Marys
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They do, but the point of that post was to discuss the potential to exhaust someone else's Champions on your turn and make them ineligible to defend. I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjo221 wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
adamxpaul wrote:

I thought I read in the rules that Champions get prepared again in the discard phase.

As I said, if there was a way to expend an opponents champion on your turn. All of your opponents champions get prepared at the end of her turn, then on your turn you use a theoretical card to expend them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.