Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Reliable-up-to-date promo list? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zacharie Fluet
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Greetings! I just got sucked into this game today by a friend. I instantly fell in love and decided to order a constructed playset of everything out so far.

I know promos aren't play-legal (Unless they've been printed in a proper set), but I love to collect cards, so I have my eyes on them. It does seem to be difficult to track down what have been released as promos though.

I know of the Kickstarter ones, but the official website doesn't seem to list any of the recent cards, like the Gencon, Speil, Legion box promo, or Pax 2016 cards.

Is there any up-to-date list out there yet? :o
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Welcome to Epic!

I believe you have already discovered everything that would be on "the list". Legion Supplies Epic box comes with the champion card,"Kiera Wolf caller". This card is the only one NOT listed on WWG's official Epic card gallery.

As far as I am aware, all other promos were 1)kickstarters 2)obtained at various events and simply alternate artwork for cards from the base set.

BGG forums and fan made lists have been the best place to find those alternate artwork cards. Also, some members of the Epic BGG community may even be willing to sell the promos you are looking for to help you scratch that collectors itch.

As a side note, I would highly recommend Legion supplies Epic card box. It's well made, can hold a good amount of cards, comes with an awesome promo, and best of all A LOT of fancy Epic card sleeves. The amount of sleeves and the promo really make that a MUST HAVE purchase in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zacharie Fluet
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, except for the kickstarter (which are listed on the official card list) and Kiera, I believe everything else is just an alternate art printing. The official card list only shows the base set they were released in, so I'll have to keep an eye out for what gets/got released as an alternate art.

As to your recommendation, I have already purchased one card box. It looks great to store my cards and I wanted that promo! The amount of sleeves you get in addition just make it a phenomenal purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm glad I could help. Something worth noting is that the kickstarter promo cards will eventually be put into a retail release which would then make them "legal" to play at any official event. I have/love the kickstarter cards but I'm crossing my fingers that they make new artwork for them once they are available via retail Not only is this a great game to play but it also has quality artwork too!

Really happy you are getting the storage box. So much value and some retailers are even selling it under MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zacharie Fluet
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Yeah, this game is pretty awesome, so I'm trying to get everything that goes with it (playmats included!) even though it's technically not a collectable card game (try and stop me!)

I'm also looking forward to the app. That'll be a huge boon I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

There are convention promos as well, which are alt-art but appear in (so far) the base set.

Origins: Raging T-Rex
Gencon: Thundarus
Pax West: Secret Legion
Dragon Con: Inner Peace
Spiel: Blue Dragon

and

White Wizard Game Fair: Angel of Light/Drain Essence

Now that I see the list, I think Drain Essence should have been the Spiel Promo (since Spiel is held in Essen) but that's hindsight for you.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it's kind of cool that Drain Essence was the only card to appear in ALL of the top 8 worlds decks and was also the promo there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zacharie Fluet
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Awesome, Ian, thanks for the list!

The convention promos are the ones that interest me the most, as school + work prohibit me from moving around too much. I'll be on the hunt for those, definitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.