Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!
badge
Santa's Workshop - Coming from Rio Grande Games in 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game tonight, and I rather enjoyed it. However, I have one rules question - in section 5 of the Queen Games English version - under the heading of "Bagging the booty and building castles". The very last line says "If a stone has already been used it cannot be moved within the castle". I am confused as to what this means, and I've come up with 2 options - neither of which seems like it's correct:

- It means that once you have one stone in your castle, you cannot bring in any more stone...so that each castle will be limited to one stone. I don't know why this would be the case, since there is no restrictions on other materials.

- It means that once a stone is placed on a wall, it cannot be moved around. However, I assumed that was true for any brick, regardless of the material.

So, we sort of ignored that sentence, and allowed players to get as much stone as they wanted...an nothing was able to be moved around after being placed.

Ok, I said I had one question...but here's one more. The rules clearly state that each wall section can only have 3 bricks. With six sections, that's a max of 18 bricks (also the magic number to score 5 extra points). However, in the scoring section of the rules, it says "If at the end of the game, a player has more than 18 building bricks, these extra bricks are also counted."

So...how could you ever have more than 18 bricks, if each of the 6 walls can only be stacked 3 high?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To follow up my own post...I did find another thread regarding moving the stone. The consensus seems to be that the translation was incorrect, and it should say that you cannot move any "brick" once they are placed. Which makes sense to me.

I still don't know how you can get more than 18 bricks, though. Maybe once you get 18, you can just store extra in your castle? Seems odd, as those can never get taken by other players...though at that point, you're at the end of the game, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KTFerguson wrote:
To follow up my own post...I did find another thread regarding moving the stone. The consensus seems to be that the translation was incorrect, and it should say that you cannot move any "brick" once they are placed. Which makes sense to me.

I still don't know how you can get more than 18 bricks, though. Maybe once you get 18, you can just store extra in your castle? Seems odd, as those can never get taken by other players...though at that point, you're at the end of the game, I suppose.

If you claim more bricks in a round than are needed to finish the castle, those are the ones that score extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ericamick2 wrote:

If you claim more bricks in a round than are needed to finish the castle, those are the ones that score extra.

Ok...I figured that was the only way. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.