Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So voters didn't think either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton conducted themselves well during the campaign. Still, according to Pew research, Trump was rated 13 points lower than Clinton, with just 30 percent of voters giving him an A or B grade to Clinton's 43 percent.

Low Marks for Major Players in 2016 Election – Including the Winner


Quote:
But voters’ “grades” for the way Trump conducted himself during the campaign are the lowest for any victorious candidate in 28 years. Just 30% of voters give Trump an A or B, 19% grade him at C, 15% D, while about a third (35%) give Trump a failing grade. Four years ago, most voters (57%) gave Obama an A or B, and after his 2008 election, 75% gave him an A or B.

For the first time in Pew Research Center post-election surveys, voters give the losing candidate higher grades than the winner. About four-in-ten (43%) give Clinton an A or B, which is comparable to the share giving Mitt Romney top letter grades in 2012 (44%) and 13 percentage points higher than Trump’s (30%).


And just for fun:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
So voters didn't think either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton conducted themselves well during the campaign. Still, according to Pew research, Trump was rated 13 points lower than Clinton, with just 30 percent of voters giving him an A or B grade to Clinton's 43 percent.

Low Marks for Major Players in 2016 Election – Including the Winner


Quote:
But voters’ “grades” for the way Trump conducted himself during the campaign are the lowest for any victorious candidate in 28 years. Just 30% of voters give Trump an A or B, 19% grade him at C, 15% D, while about a third (35%) give Trump a failing grade. Four years ago, most voters (57%) gave Obama an A or B, and after his 2008 election, 75% gave him an A or B.

For the first time in Pew Research Center post-election surveys, voters give the losing candidate higher grades than the winner. About four-in-ten (43%) give Clinton an A or B, which is comparable to the share giving Mitt Romney top letter grades in 2012 (44%) and 13 percentage points higher than Trump’s (30%).


And just for fun:


I have to admit I'm a little less scared than I was a couple weeks ago. That's because Trump has backed off...

1) the Mexican wall a bit
2) completely repealing Obamacare and
3) going after his political opponent Hillary

...since then. So pretty much backtracking on his three biggest pieces of red meat for his constituents during his campaign.

Should be an interesting four years.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes people just want to laugh at a dude that gets hit in the nuts.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Oh goodie! more polls.


And given how accurate the polls were this year, I'm sure these are super-correct!


Yes, polls were off this year. Apparently too many Trump voters refused to admit they were voting for Trump. I'll bet you were one of them. That was at least one of the reasons the polls were off.

How accurate were they in '12? How about in '08 or '04? The only thing you seemed to have learned from Election '16 is that polls are always wrong. Which, of course, is wrong!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Oh goodie! more polls.


And given how accurate the polls were this year, I'm sure these are super-correct!


Yes, polls were off this year. Apparently too many Trump voters refused to admit they were voting for Trump. I'll bet you were one of them. That was at least one of the reasons the polls were off.

How accurate were they in '12? How about in '08 or '04? The only thing you seemed to have learned from Election '16 is that polls are always wrong. Which, of course, is wrong!


He said 'this year'.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Oh goodie! more polls.


And given how accurate the polls were this year, I'm sure these are super-correct!


Yes, polls were off this year. Apparently too many Trump voters refused to admit they were voting for Trump. I'll bet you were one of them. That was at least one of the reasons the polls were off.

How accurate were they in '12? How about in '08 or '04? The only thing you seemed to have learned from Election '16 is that polls are always wrong. Which, of course, is wrong!


He said 'this year'.


He also implied we can't trust polls going forward. Maybe we can trust them again next year?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Many of the major polls were off for this election so is it a wonder people doubt them?


Here's the thing: the polls weren't off. They accurately recorded what they could record, which is:

1. People who were committed to Clinton
2. People who were committed to Trump
3. People who were committed to other candidates
4. People who were undecided

Most polling predictors take that information and then assume that undecideds will, as a general rule/rough estimate, break about 50/50 for the two major candidates, and this did in fact happen on a nationwide basis (which is the reason Hillary is leading in the popular vote count by a fairly large number). The reason Trump won is that in about half a dozen key states, the undecideds broke about 75/25 for him.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.