United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clinton's lead in the popular vote surpasses 2 million
Quote:
The former secretary of state has garnered 64,223,958 votes, compared to the President-elect’s 62,206,395, according to a count curated by Dave Wasserman of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Clinton's lead in the popular vote surpasses 2 million
Quote:
The former secretary of state has garnered 64,223,958 votes, compared to the President-elect’s 62,206,395, according to a count curated by Dave Wasserman of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.

A conservative friend of mine bet me the day after the election, when all the votes were tallied, that Trump would have more.

One small victory helps heal my political wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
I am wondering how many more posts we will see regarding how many X more votes Chilton's lead is in the popular vote?

Maybe we should start a contest.

Bothers you doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, she lost and it doesn't matter a great deal. I think it is reasonable to bring up as a counterargument to any claim of a Trump mandate, silent majority, etc, but as an OP it's not of much use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Yup, she lost and it doesn't matter a great deal. I think it is reasonable to bring up as a counterargument to any claim of a Trump mandate, silent majority, etc, but as an OP it's not of much use.

Absolutely agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
"Checkmate"

"Good, the game's over. I have the most pieces on the board. I win!"

"That's not how you play."

"I have the most pieces. I win!"

"You knew the rules before we started. They've been the same since..."

"If that was the winning condition I would have played way differently."

"You win by checkmate, not most pieces. You know that."

"It doesn't matter what the rules are. Most of the pieces are MINE. That means that I am the real winner! I win!

Even better, El Grande:

"I have the most caballeros on the board, I win!"

"This is an area majority game, you win by capturing points by area majority."

"Those aren't the rules, never have been."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Yea but what are the numbers after we subtract the illegals who voted?

How about the dead people who voted? We need to subtract those out, too.

And what about the 'non-real' people that the hackers from Russia hacked into the voting system?

After all of that it's 69 to 40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sky Knight X wrote:
"Checkmate"

Nobody's saying that. The greater Clinton's margin in the popular vote, the more reassuring it is to those of us who would like to believe the country hasn't gone fucking insane. If, like utoption2, you don't find that topic interesting, then one wonders why you opened this thread in the first place; the title was pretty clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
I appreciate this post. I think what I am hoping is that the democrats will also direct their interest into analyzing what caused this near-landslide in the EC to erupt?

Like a dozen different topics on that were also posted at various points after the election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Sky Knight X wrote:
"Checkmate"

Nobody's saying that. The greater Clinton's margin in the popular vote, the more reassuring it is to those of us who would like to believe the country hasn't gone fucking insane. If, like utoption2, you don't find that topic interesting, then one wonders why you opened this thread in the first place; the title was pretty clear.

As soon as you use the current vote as leverage, or give it importance, then the current popular vote becomes bogus because the rules immediately change. The second you assign meaning, the game changes, and no one knows what the new popular vote would be with the new rules.

Had popular vote been meaningful to the Presidency in any way, the popular vote would have been very different than it is now with the current rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sky Knight X wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
The greater Clinton's margin in the popular vote, the more reassuring it is to those of us who would like to believe the country hasn't gone fucking insane.

As soon as you use the current vote as leverage, or give it importance, then the current popular vote becomes bogus because the rules immediately change. The second you assign meaning, the game changes, and no one knows what the new popular vote would be with the new rules.

Had popular vote been meaningful to the Presidency in any way, the popular vote would have been very different than it is now with the current rules.

Err... then I guess I must be wrong about it making me feel better or something? Thanks for the clarification?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You may proceed unto "despair" now, and would you prefer either "wheelbarrow" or "handbasket-of-deplorable" conveyance? caravan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Sky Knight X wrote:
"Checkmate"

Except they still voted for Hillary, so no consolation provided by that knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

Except they still voted for Hillary, so no consolation provided by that knowledge.

What language do I need to use in Google Translate to understand what this person is saying?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The least "greedier/corrupt" LOST still!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
utoption2 wrote:
I appreciate this post. I think what I am hoping is that the democrats will also direct their interest into analyzing what caused this near-landslide in the EC to erupt?

in what world is 306-232 a "near landslide"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is hilarious to me that the pro-EC people are against the electors doing the one reasonable thing it was designed to do and block insane people from becoming president. Of course, you can't really expect principled or intellectual honesty from Trump supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
utoption2 wrote:
single sentences wrote:

\sauron/whitetrainblacktrainpurpletrainyellowtrainbluetraingreentrainredtrain "WHORL`D Train Engineer!" thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tagge
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, anyone know how accurate the popular vote count is? I've read that it doesn't count mail in votes in states that are solid one color or the other.

All in all it is moot. I didn't bother to send in a mail in ballot as it wouldn't have been counted (solid blowout in my district for every issue and office).

Also the system isn't setup to take an accurate pulse of the electorate. We still vote on a Tuesday, don't have instant run-off, state voting rules and regulations vary drastically, and archaic voting equipment in many places. I saw stories of people standing in line upwards of four hours to vote, absolutely ludicrous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it doesn't matter, all of those voters live in California so they don't matter, unlike the voters in Iowa who are way more important because they own acres of land instead of a tiny lot barely big enough to put a house on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge wrote:
Out of curiosity, anyone know how accurate the popular vote count is? I've read that it doesn't count mail in votes in states that are solid one color or the other.

All in all it is moot. I didn't bother to send in a mail in ballot as it wouldn't have been counted (solid blowout in my district for every issue and office).

Also the system isn't setup to take an accurate pulse of the electorate. We still vote on a Tuesday, don't have instant run-off, state voting rules and regulations vary drastically, and archaic voting equipment in many places. I saw stories of people standing in line upwards of four hours to vote, absolutely ludicrous.

California apparently counts them all which is why it's taking a while to get the final count there.

But I'm sure it's not millions of votes off all in one direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Sky Knight X wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
The greater Clinton's margin in the popular vote, the more reassuring it is to those of us who would like to believe the country hasn't gone fucking insane.

Err... then I guess I must be wrong about it making me feel better or something? Thanks for the clarification?

Sorry Rusty. I even had something written about that before I chopped most of my earlier post for the sake of brevity.

If the reason it is brought up so much in here is for reassurance or to make someone feel better, then you are right. That's a personal thing and I understand it.

But to be fair, go back and read some of the other posts about the popular vote. I wouldn't say that reassurance has often been the motive behind bringing it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

In a world where the sky is orange, and the orange waves crash against orange shores and hands are YUGE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Daddys_Home wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
I am wondering how many more posts we will see regarding how many X more votes Chilton's lead is in the popular vote?

Maybe we should start a contest.

Bothers you doesn't it?

It just doesn't have any point.

It will matter once republicans start claiming they have an overwhelming mandate to drastically change something that affects everyone in the country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Not having a mandate didn't stop Bush/Cheney from sucking us into a meaningless, unending war. Did it?

They claimed they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.