Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Leo accidentally gave it away.

I'm tempted to say what it is, but, despite the criticism I had regarding the crossover add-on, I'm still a fan of how they've handled this KS in general, so I think it's best to keep my mouth shut.

Suffice it to say, I think it will make everyone pretty happy
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad you decided to share that you decided not to share. Looking forward to your next post...
35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Typhon, Echidna, and another titan that is "more impressive than Atlas". Thats all I got.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect one of the big boxes to be Aphrodite with Eros and Adonis.
The small boxes will probably be the Chimera and the Phoenix.
The other big box will probably be a titan pack with Typhon, Echidna and (????).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cronuts surprisesurprise
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 2 more add-on boxes with miniatures (one big, one small).

The other two are in the Typhon bundle only, so should not really have any units, otherwise they would belong into the Titan bundle as well.

Bye
Thanee
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
The big box in the all-in bundle won't have any miniatures in it because it's not in the game-play bundle.

I expect the big box in the all-in bundle to be just an empty box to store all the stuff in it (the Pandora box?)

Edit: Ninja'd
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
Leo accidentally gave it away.

I'm tempted to say what it is, but, despite the criticism I had regarding the crossover add-on, I'm still a fan of how they've handled this KS in general, so I think it's best to keep my mouth shut.

Suffice it to say, I think it will make everyone pretty happy


I think the only mistake was that ketos is awkward to get. You need two expansions to get ketos, and if you only get one, you will be stuck with half a ketos. They should have just included the dashboard in the ketos expansion.

I think the other criticisms are excused, as Leo said they are only charging us for the MBP content. That is, the Conan content can be thrown in the trash for free, and you wouldn't lose much.

Granted, even then it may be a bit expensive. The villagers we already have tokens for, so we would be paying $29 for a campaign, ape and improved villagers. You could think of it as a terrain add-on (improve villagers) that charges you $7 for a campaign and an ape. Throw ketos dashboard and Conan content in the trash.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHammer wrote:
I expect the big box in the all-in bundle to be just an empty box to store all the stuff in it (the Pandora box?)


The box won't be an add-on. It will be a stretch goal or simply a free addition.

Bye
Thanee
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Arah wrote:

I think the only mistake was that ketos is awkward to get. You need two expansions to get ketos, and if you only get one, you will be stuck with half a ketos. They should have just included the dashboard in the ketos expansion.


So what about those that already own the Ketos (=Thaug) mini? If the dashboard is in the Ketos box, we would have to buy a second Ketos mini just to get the dashboard.

The way it is now gives everybody the option to buy ketos dashboard (with the Corinth box) and those that are missing the Ketos miniature can buy it too on top of that.

IMO it is a good compromise.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Thanee wrote:
ColHammer wrote:
I expect the big box in the all-in bundle to be just an empty box to store all the stuff in it (the Pandora box?)


The box won't be an add-on. It will be a stretch goal or simply a free addition.

Bye
Thanee


Makes sense. Then I have no idea what that big box contains (not miniatures though).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHammer wrote:
So what about those that already own the Ketos (=Thaug) mini? If the dashboard is in the Ketos box, we would have to buy a second Ketos mini just to get the dashboard.


What he meant is to include it with the Ketos mini ALSO, not to remove it from the crossover box.

Bye
Thanee
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
So glad you decided to share that you decided not to share. Looking forward to your next post...


It's obviously a bragging topic.

+1 for the "waste of time" tags added to the topic.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah wrote:
I think the only mistake was that ketos is awkward to get. You need two expansions to get ketos, and if you only get one, you will be stuck with half a ketos. They should have just included the dashboard in the ketos expansion.

I think the other criticisms are excused, as Leo said they are only charging us for the MBP content. That is, the Conan content can be thrown in the trash for free, and you wouldn't lose much.

Granted, even then it may be a bit expensive. The villagers we already have tokens for, so we would be paying $29 for a campaign, ape and improved villagers. You could think of it as a terrain add-on (improve villagers) that charges you $7 for a campaign and an ape. Throw ketos dashboard and Conan content in the trash.

Well the ape box + Ketos = $39. Compared to the $49 Hera/Hephaistos boxes I must admit the content isn't all too abundant in comparison, tbh :-)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Well, the Corinthia box was originally meant just a nice nod towards the Conan owners, so the amount of content for MBP-only-owners is a bit thin.

But I think there is enough content in the box for Conan-and-MBP-owners.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I think the last two boxes of the Titan level "gamer" bundle will be a new board (or boards) with at least one scenario. And a titan pack.
Leo confirmed there is at least one new map/scenario coming, and one of the silhouettes is the shape of the boards. And with at least 3 more titans coming (when asked about 4, Leo said "is that enough?") there's no way they can all be stretch goals.
What the other two non-gamer bundles are? I don't know. Maybe more scenery?I'm in for the Typhon bundle, so I'm curious about those.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHammer wrote:
So what about those that already own the Ketos (=Thaug) mini? If the dashboard is in the Ketos box, we would have to buy a second Ketos mini just to get the dashboard.

The way it is now gives everybody the option to buy ketos dashboard (with the Corinth box) and those that are missing the Ketos miniature can buy it too on top of that.

IMO it is a good compromise.


If you got Conan it is obviously a good deal. What I meant is that even if you didn't own Conan, it would still get some value without Ketos. The dashboard could easily be a stretch goal like the skeleton. From a perspective of a new backer, Ketos is still akward to get, but that does not mean Corinthia is bad for a new backer, all the contrary, I meant that it was still decent value even if you threw everything non MBP and ketos' dashboard to the trash.

Teowulff wrote:
Well the ape box + Ketos = $39. Compared to the $49 Hera/Hephaistos boxes I must admit the content isn't all too abundant in comparison, tbh :-)


Value-wise they aren't too distant. In big box expansions you get around 12 small minis, 1 or 2 big minis, campaign and map. In Corinthia+Ketos, you get 15 small minis, 2 big minis and 2 scenarios. The difference is $10 for a map, more variety in units and maybe some extra scenarios. Alternatively, look at it as getting a terrain map (3D villagers instead of tokens, like 3D trees instead of cardboard trees), it also has good value if seen that way.

If you are going for strict value, and on a tight budget, just get the core (with SG is good value), and then just choose some expansions with good mini to price ratio. Heroes of Trojan War, etc. Also you could wait till 2018's black friday for deals in big boxes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
Well the ape box + Ketos = $39. Compared to the $49 Hera/Hephaistos boxes I must admit the content isn't all too abundant in comparison, tbh :-)


Value-wise they aren't too distant. In big box expansions you get around 12 small minis, 1 or 2 big minis, campaign and map. In Corinthia+Ketos, you get 15 small minis, 2 big minis and 2 scenarios.

Sorry but that just silly fanboi talk. Or perhaps more accurate: a good example of cognitive dissonance.

Ape+Kratos gives 2 monsters plus 3 medieval troop units that look out of place.
Hera gives 1 God, 3 monsters, 6 heroes and 1 troop unit.
Hephaistos gives 1 God, 5 monsters, 1 hero and 2 troop units.

I'm the first to say that this is a great campaign and the game looks absolutely fantastic. And I will get a titan pledge plus Ketos and extra clips. And get an extra copy for a friend.
But I'm not blind for the flaws and mistakes. No-one or nothing is prefect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
Leo accidentally gave it away.

I'm tempted to say what it is, but, despite the criticism I had regarding the crossover add-on, I'm still a fan of how they've handled this KS in general, so I think it's best to keep my mouth shut.

Suffice it to say, I think it will make everyone pretty happy
You owe me 2 wasted minutes of my live.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Sorry but that just silly fanboi talk. Or perhaps more accurate: a good example of cognitive dissonance.

Ape+Kratos gives 2 monsters plus 3 medieval troop units that look out of place.
Hera gives 1 God, 3 monsters, 6 heroes and 1 troop unit.
Hephaistos gives 1 God, 5 monsters, 1 hero and 2 troop units.

I'm the first to say that this is a great campaign and the game looks absolutely fantastic. And I will get a titan pledge plus Ketos and extra clips. And get an extra copy for a friend.
But I'm not blind for the flaws and mistakes. No-one or nothing is prefect.


I measured the value in number of minis (where the big cost goes towards), not gameplay content, but also put a disclaimer in that you obviously would get more gameplay content (unit diversity) out of the big boxes. Btw shipping would be less than the big box, so in the end it is a bit more than $10 savings. And I also recommended getting the big boxes before Corinthia, as Corinthia is mostly a 'terrain' add-on (replace existing tokens for 3D sculpts). Definitely not to get if you are tight on budget. I was merely pointing out that the value wasn't nil, and the cost is fair even if it brings low playable unit diversity.

Should you buy Corinthia? No. The same as terrain, I don't see much gameplay value for the cost. Is the cost fair? Yes, minis are expensive. Then why vouch for it? Because the cost is fair and zero if you get an all-in bundle, which you should be getting by the time you consider other expansions after big boxes and still have money. Also you mention getting a Titan all-in. Then, you shouldn't care about cost since you are getting it for free, and at most you are paying for a $10 ketos sculpt. To use another example, I wouldn't buy Manticore ($18 for a single mini without scenarios or anything else) nor Heroes of the Trojan War (more small heroes of which we have a lot). Tell me how is Manticore more valuable per dollar compared to Corinthia.

And I'm not a blind fanboy. I've been putting out a lot of criticism (that i hope is seen as constructive) in contents and threads, to name a few:

-Letter U looks like L I (in the dashboard titles and KS titles).
-Zeus is underpowered (a slightly overcosted ability and a useless 2nd ability). His role is null.
-Athena's Strategist is asking to be broken. Typically most new games undestimate tutoring, card advantage and tempo potential (Athena brings all of them at no cost, even advantage).
-Competitive viability of drafting. Yes, this part of the game that makes it different, can present a lot of incoveniences. Benoit said they are still considering possibilities but from what he said it looks like they don't plan on not drafting. Only one type of drafting makes sense in a tournament setting (everyone brings what they own and they can only draft from what they own, but still respecting only one copy of a mini per game), and even then drafting brings additional time considerations that would be solved with premade armies.
-KSE or not KSE in tournaments? I'd say yes as long as a banlist is made as soon as any one unit (KSE or not) is overpowered. Banlists are a necessity to keep in check dominating strategies, while at the same time can be used to 'rotate metas'. I think they are more open to this possibility, but still nothing official.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah wrote:
I measured the value in number of minis (where the big cost goes towards), not gameplay content, but also put a disclaimer in that you obviously would get more gameplay content (unit diversity) out of the big boxes.

And I'm not a blind fanboy. I've been putting out a lot of criticism (that i hope is seen as constructive) in contents and threads

Ok then, my apologies! blush

But as far as I have read, the money doesn't go so much into individual minis as to molds to make them. A HIPS mold can cost up to $10k but once you have one, making a standard (28mm/32mm) plastic mini costs like $0.40 a piece or even less. Of course it's a lot more for bigger miniatures that require say 10 times as much plastic, like a titan.
So following that reasoning, the Conan box only contains 4 unique minis while the Ketos mold already exists. Compared to all the unqiue minis in the $49 boxes (9 and 11) that's not really a great expense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Ok then, my apologies! blush.

It's cool .

Teowulff wrote:
But as far as I have read, the money doesn't go so much into individual minis as to molds to make them. A HIPS mold can cost $10k but once you have one, making a standard (28mm/32mm) plastic mini costs like $0.40 a piece or even less. Of course it's a lot more for bigger miniatures that require say 10 times as much plastic, like a titan.
So following that reasoning, the Conan box only contains 4 unique minis while the Ketos mold already exists. Compared to all the unqiue minis in the $49 boxes that's not really a great expense.


Considering modeling and mold costs, yes it is cheaper to have 3x5 than 12x1 models. To be fair to the devs, the cost is not so insignificant, though, as Leo said they wouldn't be able to afford 15 villagers as a stretch goal, which is why we got tokens instead. Also, compare the following: Manticore + Terrain vs Corinthia + Ketos. Both would be around the same price, and value wise Corinthia + Ketos is the winner (both in content and useable units). Moreover, Leo said that they have decided to invest the time making new minis rather than fixing villagers.

That being said, I also dislike missing some content even with the expensive titan pledge. If I managed the campaign, maybe I'd make Corinthia a Typhon Pledge only and bring a small box back to Titan. Also make the ketos dashboard a stretch goal alongside some mini, don't introduce villagers (neither the tokens and alternate skirmish), maybe a hero instead would have angered people less. Also don't introduce the winged ape since it doesn't mesh that well. Basically the conan thing would have been a bit cheaper and Typhon only along with terrain, clips, dice and all that extra stuff that is optional.

But it is what it is, but it is hard to keep more than 8000 people happy. You can always sell the villagers and the Conan stuff (I also don't want to get Conan, think the villagers don't fit and that the ape is not my style). People make mistakes and it is still a good deal. In the end, most people will just buy what they can afford as soon as they see Aphrodite or Phoenix stretch goals.

The God pledge alraedy provides an insane amount of content, as you get a ton: 6 troops, 8 monsters, 12 heroes, 6 gods (+hounds) and one titan. These SG's are equivalent to a couple of big boxes and a couple of small ones, so even if you just bought the God pledge, you'd have a really good amount of content to play with.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah wrote:
Considering modeling and mold costs, yes it is cheaper to have 3x5 than 12x1 models. To be fair to the devs, the cost is not so insignificant, though, as Leo said they wouldn't be able to afford 15 villagers as a stretch goal, which is why we got tokens instead.

Of course. It's still 3 molds. So worth 3 Stretch Goals, what people wouldn't have applauded - also regarding the fact that they totally look out of place in Greece 500BC.

Quote:
But it is what it is, but it is hard to keep more than 8000 people happy. You can always sell the villagers and the Conan stuff (I also don't want to get Conan, think the villagers don't fit and that the ape is not my style). People make mistakes and it is still a good deal.

Well ... what I had done:

1. add-on with x-over cards MB --> Conan plus Kraken MB card + villagers
2. add-on with ape (MB + Conan card)
3. add-on Kraken + MB card
Conan backers want 1+2 and MB only backers want 2+3.

Everybody happy!! cool Was that so hard?
Not even any need to write new gameplay rules to fit in the villagers - simple cardboard tokens would have sufficed for that one scenario!

Quote:
The God pledge alraedy provides an insane amount of content, as you get a ton: 6 troops, 8 monsters, 12 heroes, 6 gods (+hounds) and one titan. These SG's are equivalent to a couple of big boxes and a couple of small ones, so even if you just bought the God pledge, you'd have a really good amount of content to play with.

Definitely! I never discussed the value of the whole project as it speaks for itself!!
As I said, I'm basically very happy with what we're offered and it's very much worth my moneys!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.