Subject: do spells stack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Rangel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have more than one spell can I stack them or do I just get to use one at a time for each round of fighting? If I am fighting a boss and have 2 fire spells can I use them both at the same time to score 16 dmg or do I use 1 for 8 dmg and then boss attacks me? What about different spells? Can I use fire for 8 dmg and then immediately use ice to prevent counter attack? Also when using poison - does it last just for 1 strike against monster or boss or does it continue until battle is complete (one of us dies)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gendron
Canada
Chambly
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rodrigo,
To answer your questions:

1. Spells do not stack, you can only use 1 per Attack phase at a time.

From the rules:

Quote:
You may now use any one Spell you have in your possession. Once a spell is used, it is consumed and discarded. Set its token aside.

2.Poison lasts until battle is complete.

Quote:
In Combat, for the remainder of the Combat sequence, inflict 5 extra damage per turn.

Hope you're having fun! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
if it states "inflicts 5 extra damage per turn" doesn't that mean that by turn 3, if you used two poison spells consecutively you would now deal up to 10 damage per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gendron
Canada
Chambly
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, as of now, nothing prevents a Character of using two different Poison Spells back to back, in two subsequent Attack Phases. Meaning the damage dealt from both spells would stack (-5HP first turn, then -10HP next turn from the second spell). This is wayyy OP for Boss Fights as you're also using your dice for attacks.

That's something we might rule out for Mini Rogue 2 as while it's technically doable rules-wise, it's not really in the spirit of the game.

Hope this clears up your question!
Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.