Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that some of the cards from this game can be included with the original Port Royal and its expansion Port Royal: Ein Auftrag geht noch..., which makes me want to ask, has anyone with both found that the dramatically thinner card stock in this version creates an issue when combining the sets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Dalen
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the cards from this set are indeed quite a bit thinner, it was not really an issue in our experience. You can pick out the thinner cards by touch, but you can't really see the difference, definitely not when they're in the deck. Therefore this doesn't influence the press your luck mechanic, as you won't know when the Unterwegs cards come up.

Having said that, I do think it would be nicer if the cards were all of the same card stock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, in my version the colours are also slightly lighter then on the cards of the base game. Same goes for "Ein Auftrag..." expansion. However, I don't see a big issue in that, because all sets provide an equal amount of ships of all colours to the deck. So, unless somebody remembers, which ships from what set had been drawn, there is hardly an option to net an advantage from knowing, which set the next card came from. (The only exception might be tax increases.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.