Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Can you start the game with your ships at an active colony?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Norris
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmb
The setup rules say "Have each player place their ships in their home harbors (marked with their province symbol and color)" so unless there is some thing in a later box, i'd say no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord frost wrote:
The setup rules say "Have each player place their ships in their home harbors (marked with their province symbol and color)" so unless there is some thing in a later box, i'd say no

Also, you have to put your ships on the map during setup and you can't activate any colonies until well into the first winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
So is it true that "normal" colonies can not Harvest in the 1st winter because they will not be active during the harvest phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windship2Mars wrote:
So is it true that "normal" colonies can not Harvest in the 1st winter because they will not be active during the harvest phase?

Yes, based on the turn sequence.
(Box 3 spoiler)
Which is harvest, then activate colonies. However, the colonies produce (acquire a good or half a mine's value) after activation, so you *can* get that during the first winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.