3 Posts

Apocalypse Chaos» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Mathetical inconsistencies make mission 2 an anomaly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hill
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please Shed some light on playing 3 players on mission 2? the puzzle is really stumping myself and 2 equally creative minds. It seems like the alien force grows at a staggering rate with 3 players - enough to make movement AND fighting not plausible (impossible to do both effectively before the deck runs out and the ships start getting bombed). Any tips would be appreciated - I've seen some people on these boards say mission 2 was super easy.

Anyway - I'm interested in any tips. It's a great game but we're stumped! We tried 1 runner but they can't complete the transfer fast enough - overrun. 2 runners and there's not enough defense in the home ship (1 defender means he defends the tower as much as possible - then is inevitably destroyed. He's defending against 9 monsters after 3 rounds!)

It's wild.goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HillKing wrote:
Can someone please Shed some light on playing 3 players on mission 2? the puzzle is really stumping myself and 2 equally creative minds. It seems like the alien force grows at a staggering rate with 3 players - enough to make movement AND fighting not plausible (impossible to do both effectively before the deck runs out and the ships start getting bombed). Any tips would be appreciated - I've seen some people on these boards say mission 2 was super easy.

Anyway - I'm interested in any tips. It's a great game but we're stumped! We tried 1 runner but they can't complete the transfer fast enough - overrun. 2 runners and there's not enough defense in the home ship (1 defender means he defends the tower as much as possible - then is inevitably destroyed. He's defending against 9 monsters after 3 rounds!)

It's wild.goo

Hi,
Before we talk about strategy, we must be sure that the corrects rules are applied. Some classic mistakes:
- the boxes to be carried are not opened; It blocks the dice you want each turn when you carry it.
- when you activate the room "teleportation"; You can go to the room you want. (And choose the engine room)

But, i think, This mission is one of the toughest missions and the 3-player game is the most difficult. (A player must remain alone to protect himself)

You have to try; following the dice; to send one or two runners, even to return without the box following the weak defense of the pillars.

Have fun
MrF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using 3 players we found this mission very easy, took no damage to health or towers even. In round 1 a player activates the room that closes portals with 3 guns. Try to deal with existing aliens and mop them up in the next round or 2 while keeping the portals closed, some rounds we had to leave 1 open but otherwise ok. While 2 players held the main ship the other ran back and for getting boxes to the engine room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.