United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
haHi~
badge
Hahi~
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, fun little game, quite enjoyable. Now then, if the last player in the round hits twenty points, does the game instantly end there? We were sort of surprised that it ends so suddenly, thinking that it might trigger a "last round for everyone", since a couple of us have played games where this is the case.

Either way, it'd be great to know which was it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you finish out the round, but I'll check the rules. It does say somewhere in there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This says it all:

So you are correct; if the last player in turn order triggers ame end, that's it! No extra turns or extra last round.

I guess you could easily house rule it to allow a final round so you are all prepared for a final blowout. If everyone gets equal turns, it shouldn't unbalance things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
This says it all:

So you are correct; if the last player in turn order triggers ame end, that's it! No extra turns or extra last round.

I guess you could easily house rule it to allow a final round so you are all prepared for a final blowout. If everyone gets equal turns, it shouldn't unbalance things.

Right, not an "extra" round, not an "extra" turn, they just get to finish the current round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
njshaw2 wrote:
This says it all:

Right, not an "extra" round, not an "extra" turn, they just get to finish the current round.

This is the entire reason for the "First Player" card and the first player keeping that card throughout the game. The advantage of going first means you have a better chance at picking up cards early (like the extra archaeologist cards) but the disadvantage is that you had better guess correctly as to when the game will end so you don't make plans for a final turn that may never happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle W
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
haHi~
badge
Hahi~
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that's that we thought it was. Thanks everyone. A variant for the alternative is an intriguing idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.