Subject: Mysterious chanting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the card that tells us to place 2 doom on a cultist. If there are no cultists in play, the card instructs us to look for one and to reveal it.

Am I correct to assume that only one of these effects will trigger?
First, I would check if there are any cultists in play and add the doom if there are.
Then, after this, if there were no cultists, I would search for one and spawn it.
After this, the trigger for adding the doom would already be over and no doom would be added on the newly spawned cultist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
That's correct in its entirety, yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Technically, it is not sequential. All effects resolve simultaneously. However, at the time you need to place doom on a cultist, there are no cultists in play. So the net result is the same, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Aman
Sweden
Hammenhog
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have the cards here but as far as I can remember all the non-unique cultists are acolytes so they always spawn with a doom on them anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
There's another non-unique cultist which situationally, if you were right on the tip of triggering an agenda flip, might be preferential. --actually, scratch that "which..."; the situation is so situational (essentially would need to be a mid-player-turn Encounter card from something like Drawn To The Flame) as to be a silly example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akaan Qualrus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Indeed, there are acolytes and the wizard of the order. So how do you resolve the card ? You choose which one you prefer ? Or do you go through the discard pile first (from top to bottom ?) and second through the deck (by drawing cards until you find a cultist ?) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Whichever you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.