Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I didn't buy the "King pledge". I thought it included very little for 50 bucks. But now, I miss Valeria and Zelata. They are so cool... there's any chance of them being sold on an expansion pack or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
They are available at ebay.de. Search for "Conan Valeria" and "Conan Zelata"

PS: I am not the seller at ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Too expensive. I'll wait. I'm pretty sure that, sooner or later, this characters will be on retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorco wrote:
Too expensive. I'll wait. I'm pretty sure that, sooner or later, this characters will be on retail.

No they won't be going to retail, Zelata and Valeria are Kickstarter exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorco wrote:

The 3 million they raised on ks is anywhere from 10 to 15 million in retail sales. I highly doubt they will risk pissing off their backers when you are talking that kind of money. And if they do I won't be backing their games anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Conan: Paolo Parente Guest box with an alternate Valeria, though not Zelata. It comes with Taramis/Salome from the short story A Witch Shall Be Born. The first one is the good queen and the second is the evil twin sister and witch of the title. You only get 1 figure but you get a hero sheet for the former and a villain tile for the latter. The guest boxes are available at retail.

Since A Witch Shall Be Born is one of my favorite Conan stories, I had to get this guest box and the King pledge as it gave ALL the antagonists from that story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mb
OK, maybe the "kickstarter exclusives" WON'T be on retail, but this characters are too important for being ignored. Valeria is already in a Guest Box, as Ancestral Hamster explained, but I just don't like the alternate design. I would like something closer to Howard's.

And for Zelata... someone else is thinking on a "Hour of the Dragon" expansion pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorco wrote:
I didn't buy the "King pledge". I thought it included very little for 50 bucks.

It certainly did. I only got it for completeness sake, really.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't quote me but I believe with the new crossover pack on Myithic battles they have said the Conan line is done. So i don't think they are going back to it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E E
msg tools
The artist boxes are available retail? Where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caledre wrote:
The artist boxes are available retail? Where?

it is not officially confirmed yet, but since they were not KS exclusives, they might hit retail at one time.
same for the 3 big expansions (nordheim, stygie and kithai)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mb
By the way, I'm VERY dissapointed with the Stygia expansion. I was thinking to buy it because it includes Thoth-Amon... but everything else looks like filler to me. Instead of the terryfying snake-man from "The god in the bowl", it has a silly giant scorpion, and another bunch of bugs as well. And the new hero isn't a Howard caharacter but a generic dungeons & dragons assassin.

Well! We shall wait and see. If monolith does another crowdfunding with some interesting expansions, probably I will back it. I'm very happy with the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not alone. During the Conan KS, a number of us discussed the Stygia expansion here on BGG, and had similar complaints. Not very canonical at all was the general consensus.

That said, I may buy the Khitai expansion despite Khitai never appearing "on screen" in any REH story as it interests me.

tumorco wrote:
By the way, I'm VERY dissapointed with the Stygia expansion. I was thinking to buy it because it includes Thoth-Amon... but everything else looks like filler to me. Instead of the terryfying snake-man from "The god in the bowl", it has a silly giant scorpion, and another bunch of bugs as well. And the new hero isn't a Howard caharacter but a generic dungeons & dragons assassin.

Well! We shall wait and see. If monolith does another crowdfunding with some interesting expansions, probably I will back it. I'm very happy with the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Don't quote me but I believe with the new crossover pack on Myithic battles they have said the Conan line is done. So i don't think they are going back to it again.

Well, IF they decide to expand Conan, it's actually a no-brainer to do some more add ons with existing material... like an enemy pack with the archer and hammer Picts. Valeria, Balthus and a few others are too canon to Conan (haha) for them to NOT offer a version to retail buyers. Ditto Pallantides, Natohk, Kerim Shah. Of course, to get around the whole "KS-exclusive" issue, they might have to make alternate sculpts, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.