Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klaus Kristiansen
Denmark
Kongens Lyngby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use the boomerang with the bow?

Can you use the mushroom grove effect that damages a goblin you are fighting on a goblin next to your bow carrying hero?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Antonio
Honduras
flag msg tools
I have another question about the bow and I dont want to fill the board with more threads so Im posting here .

How does the bow work with agressive goblins?? Can you attack agressive goblins with the bow, turning them passive in the process from the adjacent map card? Or do you have to pass through that map card to turn it passive before ending movement in the adjacent map card??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaus O K wrote:
Can you use the boomerang with the bow?

Can you use the mushroom grove effect that damages a goblin you are fighting on a goblin next to your bow carrying hero?

I think bow needs you to roll an attack symbol. So, the goblin attacking you would not trigger the bow effect with a boomerang from an adjacent tile.

Totihno wrote:
I have another question about the bow and I dont want to fill the board with more threads so Im posting here .

How does the bow work with agressive goblins?? Can you attack agressive goblins with the bow, turning them passive in the process from the adjacent map card? Or do you have to pass through that map card to turn it passive before ending movement in the adjacent map card??

I've been playing that I flip them over. I'm sure others will weigh in on these too, but I think that's pretty logical the goblin would flip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Magnusson
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also flipped the aggressive goblin over when attacking with the bow in my solo play. It feels right, but I'd love official confirmation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bow has no effect during the day. During the night, you can attack an adjacent goblin with it if it's not attacking another hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Davis
msg tools
So the bow can be used on aggressive goblins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are diagonal cards considered adjacent for the bow? We had this question come up in our first game but never decided on an answer since the player with the bow was never in a situation to use the bow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
Are diagonal cards considered adjacent for the bow? We had this question come up in our first game but never decided on an answer since the player with the bow was never in a situation to use the bow.

No. Orthogonal only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Baker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I have also been hoping for some clarification on being able to attack aggressive goblins with the bow.

Do you need to declare that you are attacking a specific goblin with the bow when you finish the movement that puts your hero within range of the target? At that point would the goblin flip to the green side? Would this prevent another hero from moving into the portal to attack that goblin?

My guess would be that you would not declare intention to attack until the night phase when an "attack goblin" is rolled. At that point, if you have multiple potential targets, you would need to choose one that is not currently engaged and it would flip. You could not attack another goblin with the same hero during that night phase.

EDIT: answered here https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26482362#26482362

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Davis
msg tools
The bow does nothing during the day. If someone fills in all the adjacent portals, then you will not have anything to shoot at night. No declaration needed until you are shooting - aggressive or passive either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Baker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, I was really just looking for an authoritative answer to "can you attack an aggressive goblin with a bow?"

The questions just came from me trying to think of reasons why it would matter if the goblin was aggressive or not. I didn't have the card in front of me and forgot that it specifically says "during the night".
It seems that the only reason it would matter is that, when attacking with the bow, nothing in the rules would specifically make the goblin flip to the green side in order to count the number of hits that it takes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Davis
msg tools
I asked that in another thread. Mr. Coe confirmed you can shoot aggressive goblins. just flip to green and give it damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Baker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks. I had been looking for that since last night. In my game I had the bow and we had settled on not being able to attack aggressive goblins, but ended up deciding that you could shoot diagonal. So, two wrong interpretations kinda cancelled each other out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the point of flipping the goblin to green and giving it damage? The damage will go away at the end of the round, and if you can only shoot goblins that are not engaged with a hero, it seems like the only thing the bow is good for is to flip goblins so you don't have to pay a power to move through them. It's not for killing them or contributing to fighting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GI Joe wrote:
What's the point of flipping the goblin to green and giving it damage? The damage will go away at the end of the round, and if you can only shoot goblins that are not engaged with a hero, it seems like the only thing the bow is good for is to flip goblins so you don't have to pay a power to move through them. It's not for killing them or contributing to fighting them.

The Bow lets you spend any or all of your Attack Goblin dice symbols to attack an adjacent goblin. So, over the course of the Night phase, it is certainly possible to fully defeat one using the Bow.

Also, flipping them to their passive side for movement purposes doesn't work since they will turn aggressive as soon as the Night phase ends. You cannot use the Bow during the Day phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I totally misunderstood what the bow card meant. It makes sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.