Hide
10 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Command phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david wood
msg tools
1. If you spend a command to brave a hazard (already in the system at start of your turn), can you still move?

2. If you attempt cultural hegemony (succeed or fail), can you move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you've got the command tokens to do so, of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david wood
msg tools
Thanks. I have a game partner that is very specific about every little detail. I am trying to learn the game and anticipate any / all questions he may ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
dwood9999 wrote:
Thanks. I have a game partner that is very specific about every little detail. I am trying to learn the game and anticipate any / all questions he may ask.

I have one of those as well. Doesn't every group? Good luck! I hope you guys have a fun time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dwood9999 wrote:
1. If you spend a command to brave a hazard (already in the system at start of your turn), can you still move?

2. If you attempt cultural hegemony (succeed or fail), can you move?

No command restricts future commands. Ships are never "unable to move" except by being surrounded by enemy ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david wood
msg tools
If you warp or impulse to a new system, you draw an exploration card, resolve it, brave hazard first if necessary and survive, you can still move the same ship again??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is NEVER any restriction on how you can use your available commands. It does not ever matter what a ship has previously done. You can always use an available command to move any ship at impulse or put it into warp.

If you don't mind my asking, is there some part of the rules that you find to suggest otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david wood
msg tools
These questions are more clarification for when my buddy plays. He is very specific and questions everything. I am just clarifying everything I can think of to cut him off at the pass (as it were) when he asks or tries to start a debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dwood9999 wrote:
These questions are more clarification for when my buddy plays. He is very specific and questions everything. I am just clarifying everything I can think of to cut him off at the pass (as it were) when he asks or tries to start a debate.

I have gotten into the habit of sending any new players a link to download a pdf of the rules ahead of time. It helps a lot.

http://flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/all_images/GF9/StarTrek/Sta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwood9999 wrote:
If you warp or impulse to a new system, you draw an exploration card, resolve it, brave hazard first if necessary and survive, you can still move the same ship again??

YES

It just requires spending an available Command.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.