BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Investors - Manipulate your way to Victory! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miika Peltonen
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
I’ve started a blog about my WIP called Investors. I thought, that this forum might be better place to introduce the game to you fellow Geeks.

I got the idea for Investors while playing Bohnanza. You collect cards on the table, the more you have, the greater is your profit. In Bohnanza only factor affecting the value is the number of cards. In investors, there are only 5-6 different cards and all are worth the same at the beginning... So basically only thing similar with Bohnanza is that there are cards that have values.

At the heart of the game is the Stock Board. Stock board is alive concept that determines the value of each card. Almost everything you do in the game affects the values on the board. So, while you are boosting you own stock values, be sure to sabotage others.

Here’s one example. Player with blue cards is calling an auction from yellow card. He wins the auction and that card will be trashed and the value of yellow stock drops 2 steps. Other player was of course auctioning against it. If he would have won, he’d got the card. Now yellow cards are only half the price they were before.

Here we see also that stock values have an effect on their neighbouring values. So you can manipulate the board in quite many ways. This was just one example of the Stock boards mechanisms. By doing this, player can sabotage others, but loses a change to grow his own business.

I'm currently test playing the game and writing the rules in english. I'm hoping to get test players from outside Finland also, as soon as I finish with the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.