$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Citadels (2016 edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules conversion playing with old version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not currently planning on buying this new edition, but would be interested in applying the new rules to my old edition (which I have never played! despite it being one of the first games I bought when getting back into this hobby...)

How easy is it to play the new streamlined rules with the old set? I'd love a list of quick changes that need to be made.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
There's no rules change, the changes all come with the new character and district cards.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
faidutti wrote:
There's no rules change, the changes all come with the new character and district cards.
...and that you play to 7 buildings now?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you think the original rules are streamlined enough? Why would you want to use different rules for a game that has been played millions of times over the past 16 years?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diederik wrote:
Don't you think the original rules are streamlined enough? Why would you want to use different rules for a game that has been played millions of times over the past 16 years?


For the same reason changes were made in the new edition?

That said, if the only change is to go to 7 buildings, that's easy enough to implement!


Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The original is a masterpiece of back-stabby, double-thinky fun. Folks cry about loosing turns and getting robbed, but that sort of makes the game- the stakes are high!
I hope you get to play it soon and have as much fun as I have- this is one of those games that "goes to 11."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
faidutti wrote:
There's no rules change, the changes all come with the new character and district cards.
...and that you play to 7 buildings now?


This was in the old version too. It is listed as a variant for a shorter game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.