GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,905 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Delivery of 2016 KS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know we have to wait and see but in some comments I see people talk about wating a year for delivery. I would like to know why? The game should be done already and the miniatures too. So it should be available pretty soon or why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Neal
msg tools
Its a reprint. if they already had them made they wouldn't need kickstarter money. Thus nothing is made yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it's not just a reprint. There's the 1.5 upgrades which may or may not be finalized, and it would be surprising if they didn't add at least a few new expansions.

I think a year is reasonable, longer is certainly possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that it is not produced but the molds and the layout and everything should already be done. At least for the core game?
I would have thought it should take about 3 month or something but I have no idea how this works. Propably you are right and it will take a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
Didn't you see the picture on the latest update?

It looks like new sculpts are coming, at least for the survivors. But if I'm honest most of the monsters could do with more dynamic sculpts also.

A new Lion? Oh yeah...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Frederiksen
Denmark
Nivaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that Adam Poots is kinda a perfectionist and do care more for quality over timely delivery. Well this is properly also why the game is so good, so don't complain about his delivery time.
Another thing is that it is a really small team behind this not a big corporation, they have to get everything into the printers schedule and they are limited to use the same printer as last time since it's hard to get same quality for the components elsewhere.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait more than a year. Surprised if it is less, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
legius wrote:
Also note that Adam Poots is kinda a perfectionist and do care more for quality over timely delivery. Well this is properly also why the game is so good, so don't complain about his delivery time.
Another thing is that it is a really small team behind this not a big corporation, they have to get everything into the printers schedule and they are limited to use the same printer as last time since it's hard to get same quality for the components elsewhere.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait more than a year. Surprised if it is less, yes.

Yep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Simon
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Same here, I don't expect the delivery to be less than a year, because there are a few changes, and also because I think Adam Poots is preparing quite a few big surprises for everybody...
I actually think it will take longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaed Keper
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
Didn't you see the picture on the latest update?

It looks like new sculpts are coming, at least for the survivors. But if I'm honest most of the monsters could do with more dynamic sculpts also.

Which update? I checked the twitter and facebook page but couldn't find anything about new survivor sculpts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
sharnofshade wrote:
Which update? I checked the twitter and facebook page but couldn't find anything about new survivor sculpts?

In the Lantern Festival Cancelled update on the last KS, there was a teased picture of a dynamically posed survivor in armor (alongside the new Survival of the Fittest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
The long and short of why we expect it to take a year is the first two rules of Kingdom Death: Poots is bad with schedules. Namely, he might say something will take one month, but you're better off mentally if you just pad a few more months into that calculation. Then you won't go insane with the waiting game.

Of course, there have been notable exceptions: like when he said he was going to roll out the expansions on a monthly basis and then just said "Screw it" and dropped all of them in the store and watched the nerd pool become a blood-soaked abyssal feeding frenzy.

So...hopefully none of that. Cause while it was cool to get all the stuff right away, a thousand voices cried out in terror, only to be silenced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to playing this campaign with my son, but if it's like 2 years before delivery we may not get much time with it before he leaves the nest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're on a time limit, eBay is the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Marcs
msg tools
mb
if its anything like last time... trump will be out of office before you get your copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Zombiemarcs wrote:
if its anything like last time... trump will be out of office before you get your copy

Hopefully it won't take 8 years to our rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The core game is aiming for summer 2017. That sounds great to me. In upgrade one commenting the first stretchgoal he says: "Oh yeah, this has already gone into production months ago and will not effect the estimated timeline of the 1.5 Core Game or 1.5 update pack... at al!!!!!!!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.