Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dieggo
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I'm thinking on buying/building a new table because the one I have isn't big enough to play Eclipse at ease. It is 90x120 cm.

What's the size of the table where you play?
And how many players do you usually play in that table?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres K
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played on 205x90 with 9 players. All fitted quite OK. But we kept the upgrades in the game box and just passed it over when needed.
Base game+ Rise of the Ancients expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest at least 1 meter square just for the map. The rest depends on how creative you can get with space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mangote wrote:
Hello!

I'm thinking on buying/building a new table because the one I have isn't big enough to play Eclipse at ease. It is 90x120 cm.

What's the size of the table where you play?
And how many players do you usually play in that table?

Thanks

My game room table is 160 by 90 and works very well for 4 players and can tightly fit 5. Usually we will put in one extension though for 200 which can comfortably fit six players, although the ones further out are then struggling to reach all of the board.

It also depends on how you handle technology (we use the compact sheet) and Upgrade Tiles (I have a sorting box/pallette box for them https://www.modulor.de/en/palette-box-with-rubber-lid-plasti...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wibs wrote:
...on 205x90 with 9 players...

surprise

Inches, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattigar
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
49" x 97" (124 cm x 246 cm)

Usually play 4 or 5 which takes about half the table. Haven't played 9 on it yet but would have lots of room for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Croft
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Six player Eclipse - plays really well on a 6 foot round table.

Four players fit really well on the 5 foot round table and a bit cramped on a 4 foot square one.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.