$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: How is this for 2/3 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Dorton
United States
Norton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My LGS has a copy of this, and they are having a Black Friday sale.... I'm interested.. but wanted to know how the 2/3 player games are? and What player count do you feel is best?

Thanks in advance!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only played at 2 players, and plays just fine at this player count for me.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BBBD77 wrote:
My LGS has a copy of this, and they are having a Black Friday sale.... I'm interested.. but wanted to know how the 2/3 player games are? and What player count do you feel is best?

Thanks in advance!


I think 3 is the best count just about for amount of info to track/numbers of people who get to play/amount of downtime. But the games great at pretty much any count. Some people complain about not needing to interact as much in 2 player. Which is true. But due to tunnels, you're always close to your opponent and I find in 2 player you're actually more likely to want conflict. In larger numbers, you need to compete for spots more, but triggering a fight (apart from the Star you gain) usually benefits the un-involved party most in terms of engine/progress. In 2 player it's all good for winning combat!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played at every player count and 2 is the weakest, but it's still a fun experience. My advice is to add a third player with the Automa deck to keep up the interactivity.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luuk Van Aken
Canada
Lacombe
Alberta
flag msg tools
You can always add an automa opponent.
Just wonder how tiebreakers work when you do reading order? Whose point of view of the board do you use? Solo play I always turn the board so my home base is closest to me and that's the side I base reading order from.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LuukVA wrote:
You can always add an automa opponent.
Just wonder how tiebreakers work when you do reading order? Whose point of view of the board do you use? Solo play I always turn the board so my home base is closest to me and that's the side I base reading order from.


It has been discussed in other threads somewhere. The reading order always goes from the top left of the board (where the star track is).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BBBD77 wrote:
My LGS has a copy of this, and they are having a Black Friday sale.... I'm interested.. but wanted to know how the 2/3 player games are? and What player count do you feel is best?

Thanks in advance!


Pretty much plays the same, it is a very solitaire type game, so extra players don't change the game experience much at all. For example, playing solo has the same feel as playing with 5.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
LuukVA wrote:
You can always add an automa opponent.
Just wonder how tiebreakers work when you do reading order? Whose point of view of the board do you use? Solo play I always turn the board so my home base is closest to me and that's the side I base reading order from.


It has been discussed in other threads somewhere. The reading order always goes from the top left of the board (where the star track is).


Yes, that is correct. Think of it this way: No matter whether you read a book the normal way or turn it upside down, you'd still start reading the same word.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've only played scythe with my dad, so always 2, and it is solid. It works really well, but lots of empty space. I think that 2 is really good, especially if you have siblings that aren't willing to play.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darthead cricketeer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Luuk, what is reading order?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthead501 wrote:
Luuk, what is reading order?


It is used as a tiebreaker when playing with the Automa. It just means in the order you would "read" the spaces if they were words in a book, i.e. start in the upper left corner, move across the row to the end, move down to the next row, start at the left side, move across the row to the end, etc.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.