Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reach and Constriction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Orlando
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about the tentacles, lets say that the tentacles melee attack an character in an adjacent area with reach. The tentacles roll a die with 2 or more symbols so this means constriction takes effect. So which model moves to which area? Does the defender move to the tentacle area, or does the tentacle move to the attacker area? "Move bases together" "as long as they remain in the same area" but they are not in the same area, what about if the area is full that the attacker/defender is moving to?

Thanks anyone who can help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, the tentacle should pull the victim to itself. If pulling into a full area, then it just doesn't work: leave the victim on the edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Orlando
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I did think about this and that makes sense to me as well but I generally like to use the given rules rather then house rule something, especially since I want to have a few custom scenarios around the tentacles so getting this properly sorted will make it easier to put the scenarios on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainOrlando wrote:
Yes, I did think about this and that makes sense to me as well but I generally like to use the given rules rather then house rule something

Unfortunately, there are no official rulings on this, so judgement calls (a.k.a. "house rules") are all there is :/. However...

CaptainOrlando wrote:
, especially since I want to have a few custom scenarios around the tentacles so getting this properly sorted will make it easier to put the scenarios on here.

On the contrary, scenarios are where many of the rules are defined or overridden (e.g. Leap skill, Climbing, and Falling damage are all defined in terms of specific scenarios, and sometimes differ from scenario to scenario). Thus providing custom tentacle rules on a per-scenario basis is completely within the game's design.

i.e. IMO defining the tentacle rules to fit the scenario, rather an expecting the core rulebook to do it, is truly the "recommended" approach in this particular game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Elder Predator
mbmbmb
A scenario I'd uploaded here a couple days ago was just approved and it contains specific rules for it :)

Custom Scenario - Tentacles (v1.0)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.