Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Pax Renaissance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Repressing tokens of the same type and color when placing agents (E2.2) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sentence underlined in E2.2 (Play Hand Card and Place Agents without activating the one-shot) confuses me:

Place Rook & Knight Agents. Place these into your choice of Cities on the Map Card specified. If you choose a City occupied by a Token, you must Repress it, and pay 1 Florin for each Token repressed. A placed Agent can even Repress a Token of the same type and color in this manner.

What does that exactly mean? Does it mean that I can place an Agent in a city (if there is a Token already, I repress it) and if that Agent matches the type and color of ANOTHER Token in DIFFERENT city in the same Map Card I can repress it too? So I could repress 2 tokens with 1 Agent?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

It just means that say that France has one white knight, say PARIS, and another free space.

You play an Agent which is a white knight, and you want to place it in PARIS. You will repress the white knight - paying 1 florin - there, even if your Agent (a white knight) is of the same type and color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaaah… I see. Why do we always think of the most complex option?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
cartesius wrote:
Aaaaaah… I see. Why do we always think of the most complex option?
Thanks!

Because we shun simple explanations, Cartesius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Faanes
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game needs a William of Ockham-card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejnro wrote:
This game needs a William of Ockham-card.

Agreed.

But once played, amazingly, everything falls in place! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.